Working Capital Denied - Industry

BFCF
New Community Member
I was denied a working capital loan and told that my business falls in an industry category that is currently not eligible. I have previously taken out and related (early) three other working capital loans over the last eight years. Wondering why someone who's never had a problem paying these back (again, early) would suddenly be barred from receiving another.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SRTWY
Contributor
Contributor

It's a continuous problem for everyone right now.  Do a quick Google search or look through these forums (although, weirdly, posts in general from the last few months...including the stickied posts...aren't showing up today; looks like the forums are having issues); hardly anyone is getting approved and no one knows why.  Even the very few who get approved are getting amounts that are peanuts compared to previous loans.

It's been this way for almost a year.  PWC/WebBank haven't said anything, customer service has no idea, and the very small amount of approvals don't seem to have any commonality other than again, being awfully small compared to their previous loans.

I don't think the program is long for this world, and I've spoken to a few business owners for whom this (the lack of communication and disingenuous advertising) was the last straw and are moving all of their business away from Paypal because of it.

Login to Me Too

Michellevo
Contributor
Contributor
What industry are you?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.