Why were two payments made on first Pay In 3 installment?

CJSull
Contributor
Contributor

I made a Pay in 3 purchase on 2nd Oct. Total came to £151, roughly. A first payment of £51 had to made on the day, leaving two payments to follow.

I woke up this morning and received an email for a payment of £62 for that transaction.

I looked into it and found the total amount of the full sum has been adjusted to £186 and that a NEW first payment has been made to my account, for £62.

Both the £51 and £62 payments can be seen on my online banking account.

Can anyone explain what has happened? Have I been charged twice? Will it continue to be charged twice? Will the first (£51) payment just dissappear from my bank account statement? What is this..please.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @CJSull,

Welcome! Sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent transaction today. Has that £51 authorization / payment dropped off your bank yet? If not, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused,

Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.