Why Shipstation? It just doesn't work for us... come on Paypal.

imtigger2
Contributor
Contributor

In my 25+ years of selling and shipping online, I've never seen such a horrible integration or interface on a shipping product.

Shipstation is a joke!  In my first attempted shipment it just would not show First Class USPS with my 1lb (16oz) box unless I tricked it  by entering a weight of 15oz to get it to show.   Then you offer little in the way of options and then, NO INSURANCE?  Are you kidding me?

I sell rare Disneyana items and if something is under $50, I'll sometimes take a chance on it with no ins, expecting that if something goes wrong, that's on me.  In this case I sold a small piece of the Matterhorn from 15 years ago in a small VERY strong box.  You could stand on it, no kidding, it was 200# stock, triple walled.   So in shipping this which someone paid $100 for, I saw no insurance.   I considered it and well, it was only going to LA from San Diego here... so I took a chance.  Bad move on my part.  A USPS truck must have driven over it.  It was destroyed!

I know... I took the chance but being offered insurance is part of my shipping routine!  You should offer it!

Less services.  More hassle.  No insurance.  Packing Slips that suck.  No tracking integrated with Paypal....  WHERE'S THE PLUS OF ALL THIS?

I don't get it.  Like everyone else, I'm jumping to pirate ship ...   Shipstation is horrible.

Best regards,

Dan B

Carlsbad CA 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

imtigger2
Contributor
Contributor

You know... since this topic was brought up ShipStation has improved a bit, but I still don't care for it.

Know what I love and recommend?  Pirateship.   Yep, it's real and legit.   It's SO EASY and the interface is beautiful.   Same cost as Paypal shipping but many more options only when you need them.    To get the buyers name and address into the form?  It's simple, you just copy from paypal and ONE paste into PirateShip and they fill in everything for you.   

Good luck.

Dan B

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

GordonK
New Community Member

Similar experience. 15+ years using PayPal Shipping... no problems. ShipStation... day one...  It is slow. It times out. Few shipping choices.  Paid for a label, my debit card was charged, but no label....  If it's not broke, don't fix it..... 10 minutes later my label has appeared............

Login to Me Too

imtigger2
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE OCT 21st:    While there is still a lot to be desired in giving us more options, Shipstation now offers Ins (carrier insurance, which is really bad, but it's a start) , and now updates the buyers Paypal acct. with tracking info.

I'll still be using Pirateship .com .   I love the interface and the shipping options presented to me when shipping.   It's amazing and free and prices are right in line with Paypal or eBay shipping.

Dan B

Login to Me Too

Galactimus
New Community Member

I agree. It's absolutely terrible. It's slow, way too many screens to go through. I could print labels in a third the time the way it was. I guess I will be going back to USPS integration to my website. What a hassle.

Login to Me Too
Solved

imtigger2
Contributor
Contributor

You know... since this topic was brought up ShipStation has improved a bit, but I still don't care for it.

Know what I love and recommend?  Pirateship.   Yep, it's real and legit.   It's SO EASY and the interface is beautiful.   Same cost as Paypal shipping but many more options only when you need them.    To get the buyers name and address into the form?  It's simple, you just copy from paypal and ONE paste into PirateShip and they fill in everything for you.   

Good luck.

Dan B

Login to Me Too

dcox333
New Community Member

My issue with ShipStation is the overcharge.  I have confirmed with my local USPS that they are overcharging me consistently.  $3.85 to ship same package at USPS vs. $4.16 on shipstation.  RIP OFF!

Login to Me Too

mickytee
Contributor
Contributor
Seems like im at the same point ive been with paypal since they started but going to now leave due to shipping co. I use all the option usps offers to get the best deal. Flzt rate envelopes, zone boxes etc. None are offered here so i will be moving to another source and have set up with a card company for the same fees and get my money much faster. paypal been good but now when i mention it no one seems to be connected with them any longer
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.