Why Automatic Payment Duplicate Entries

cyberbiker
Contributor
Contributor
The Paypal software related to Automatic Payments in the PayPal mobile app (iPhone) and the mobile website seems to be badly corrupted. Instead of one listing for each vendor with whom I have set up automatic payments, I have between two and six duplicates for each automatic payment vendor listed in my account. What is going on? This type of corruption makes me wonder if my money is safe with PayPal.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @cyberbiker,

Thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear what has happened. I do understand your concern with this. If you see multiple automatic payments from the same merchant on your PayPal account, this would mean the merchant has initiated separate payment profiles with you. 

For example, if you make your first purchase with a merchant, they may sign you up for automatic payments with them. This means they can charge you for their services without you having to enter your details each time. Depending on the system the merchant has, if you initiate a second payment with the same merchant, they may sign you up for a second payment profile with them. This has personally happened to me before. This does not mean that you would be charged a subscription fee for each profile. 

The best thing to do is cancel any duplicate automatic payments, or any you don't regularly use. This can be done by following the steps here

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.