What is with the PayPal Mastercard Rewards limiting how you make payments to it?

DTMAce
New Community Member

Why does PayPal Mastercard Rewards limit how much you pay on the card? If I pay too much, they end up "holding" the available balance for up to 2 weeks!. In other words, holding the card hostage for making too many payments or too large of a payment and subsequently locking me out of using the card!. WTF!

I am understandably **bleep**.   I have been fighting with this card for the past month and a half.  If I pay too much, they take the payment, it goes out of my account, the balance updates correctly within a couple days, but the AVAILABLE balance doesn't!  I called in and asked, they tell me it has a hold for 2 weeks for each and any payment that their system deems suspicious???

NO OTHER CARD I HAVE DOES THIS BS!

My Capitol one?  INSTANTLY updates the available balance the second I click pay on the website.

My Chase card?  Within 24-48 HOURS.

That to me is fine!

But PayPal Mastercard Rewards?

Oh HELL no.

If you pay too much, too fast, or too different, it flags the payment and holds the available hostage for 2 weeks!!!!   This is so STUPID.

I'm trying to use this card for my daily life purchases, every day things, bills, etc.  But no.  I can't, because I can't pay it fast enough in a way not to trigger these limitations!  So why even offer a card that you cannot pay on and use????

UGH.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Kitzkatz
New Community Member
Same here. I made a couple of smaller payments, in the $200 range, which went through quickly, but the next one of $450 is on hold for two weeks even though the payments were all from the same bank and all taken from that bank the day they were made. I was told my larger payment was “suspicious”, hence the hold. After badgering the agent, I finally got her to admit that there is no notification of this hold, so the only way to know when it has or has not been applied is to look at the available balance. I think this another example of taking the definition of a word, like “suspicious”, to the extreme when the true reason is that they make money. I’m sure that the money they hold, plus extra interest we may pay, funds the entire cash back program and then some. It has to be on the brink of illegal, but PayPal knows just how far to push. I’m torn between closing the account or just working around the hold so at least I can make them give some of it back!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.