What is the USE of Paypal now that is not connected to ebay any more

stratis63
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal was connected to Ebay, We had a protection guarantee and we had our money  deposited within the same day while selling or buying in EBya.

Can someone explain to me what is the use ot paypal now that is not connected to Ebey, 

Why and for what use someone will use it  instead of using a prepaid virtual card instead.?

please remember we are in Europe

thank you

maybe i am missing something

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stratis63 

“What is the USE of Paypal now that is not connected to ebay any more”

For businesses that have their own website to receive payments for donations, e-commerce, marketplaces, payouts for mobile apps. For people who need payment processing services to send personal payments, odd jobs, freelancing.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

stratis63
Contributor
Contributor

so in other words you decided to downsize your bsuiness nodel because this existed before as well. ...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stratis63 

Ebay is just one of thousands of business you can use paypal on.

Also buyers still CAN use paypal on Ebay if they want to, its just they pay Ebay and Ebay pay the sellers via their managed payments option.

I bought from Ebay using Paypal only  yesterday.

Don't think losing Ebay will affect Paypal much to be honest.

https://www.reuters.com/business/paypal-tops-estimates-online-spending-surge-2021-02-03/

PayPal Holdings Inc (PYPL.O) beat Wall Street estimates for quarterly profit on Wednesday, with a coronavirus-driven shift to online shopping and digital transactions driving record levels of payment volumes for both the quarter and the year.

PayPal said it was expecting an addition of about 50 million active users in 2021 and forecast annual revenue of about $25.5 billion, well above the $21.4 billion estimated by analysts. Its shares were up 5% in trading after the bell.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.