We need some info from you "BUGGED"

ibramar
Contributor
Contributor
Hello PayPal,

I attempted to create an Invoice to my customer but It failed and I got an error message as the following: "Sorry, we couldn't create your invoice. Please contact our customer service team for any queries." 

Now, I am asked to send some information to help understand my business better. But there is nothing to send the page is empty. I already sent all information about my business. I provide writing services, including copywriting for websites and advertising.

It says : "We’re reviewing your information and will get back to you regarding the status of Ref ID: ***************** within 5 days" Although I did not sent any information

Please advice!

Best Regards
[removed][removed][removed]

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

tsunshined
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same error message, although I'm still trying to figure out how to get someone's attention to fix it.  I used the message feature and hope to get some kind of answer soon. How did you get to the point of them asking for information, and has it been fixed since? 
I am a new business building a small membership, and I'm only halfway through sending invoices. Now the invoices won't send.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ibramar and @tsunshined

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues recently with your accounts. It sounds like there's a Limitation on your account - is that right? If so, you should normally see steps on how to resolve that limitation through your Resolution Center. If you've already completed the actions required and / or submitted the requested documentation, and it's been more than a week since you've received any updates, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support for assistance. They can be reached by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page, through Twitter DM or Facebook PM. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

tsunshined
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_JonK That is not my situation. I have no restrictions. I also called on Sunday (it is currently Tuesday). The first person was not helpful and sent me to check on things that have no bearing on the situation at all. The second person I spoke to was helpful (agreed the first person was just wrong). This second person determined that there is a known issue and told me she attached my account to the issue. She said that it will hopefully get fixed in 72 hours and that I might, but might not, get an email about it. So, that means I just keep checking a couple of times a day.

No, there are no restrictions on my account. My new account restrictions came off last week.

I use Safari and a MacBook Air. I cleared my cache - didn't help.
I tried from my iPhone - still doesn't work.

I tried from Chrome browser - still doesn't work.

And, if you are curious, the first person I spoke to told me, after a couple of long holds, "My supervisor tells me the problem is because you are sending invoices to people who do not have PayPal accounts. Please confirm their emails and try again." --> seriously.

Login to Me Too

CrispinStichart
Contributor
Contributor

I asked customer support, and initially they said 12 hours. After two days I asked for an update and they said that:

> This issue has been escalated as a high priority issue since it is affecting many sellers. ...at this time we do not have an estimated update.

That was sent yesterday, the 15th.

Login to Me Too

devana
Contributor
Contributor
Does anyone have any updates on this issue? It's still happening to me. 😕
Login to Me Too

devana
Contributor
Contributor

GUYS I FIXED IT! At least in my case it worked! 

I found someone on reddit saying recently PayPal added the words: service/services/goods to flagged words. So if you have one of these words in your invoice (even in the Note to Seller category) try to delete it and try again. 

I personally had in the Note to Seller category a little text saying "this invoice is for digital goods and/or services only", I've had it in every single invoice for the past 4 years and it suddenly stopped working? As soon as I deleted the text it worked again. 

Hope it helps! 

Login to Me Too

tsunshined
Contributor
Contributor

"the words: service/services/goods to flagged words"

The only one of those words had was "good" not "goods". I deleted it, and it still did not work. But, when I just deleted the whole message to the customer, then it finally worked.

I have another paypal business account, and while this account has been having troubles, I've been using my other account to send the same invoices with the same messages without any problem.  So, whether the problem is the flagged words or the messages area, it is only certain accounts.

Thank you for sharing @devana 
I hope a real solution shows up, but in the meantime, this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.