Unsolicited prepaid card with a name on it that is not mine.

Wally47
Contributor
Contributor

I just received, in the mail, a PayPal prepaid Mastercard. The problem is that I did not request a card and the card has another persons name on it. The address on the envelope is mine. I am concerned that someone is trying to access my accounts. Calling the help center I talked to an actual person and explained the situation and he gave me a number to the prepaid center. All they wanted was my SS number, which they said did not match any card accounts in their data base. Then they wanted the card number, I supplied that and they just wanted to active the card, I did not complete that portion and hung up. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

engnrbaker819
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @Wally47, I had the exact same thing happen to me this week.  I'm curious if you ever figured out why that prepaid MasterCard was sent to you?  I did notice the envelope had pre-sorted mail in the stamp area, so I was hoping perhaps this was some sort of advertisement.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.