Unable to request paypal cash card

Startrek63
New Community Member

I just made this account and when i attempt to request a paypal cash card  it says there is a error and is unable to update the account. My email is verified.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Startrek63 

There are certain things you need to do before you can request a card:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3869

Like:

You'll need to:

• Have a PayPal personal account.
  • Be an active PayPal member with no open issues in the Resolution Center.
  • Have an active phone number on your PayPal account.
  • Have a confirmed street address (not a P.O. Box). This can be done by:
    • Linking a credit card whose monthly statement is sent to that street address; or
    • Applying and being approved for a PayPal Credit product that confirms your street address
  • Add your date of birth and your Social Security number to your PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ktkat420
Contributor
Contributor
I have done each and everyone of those things and am still getting the unable to update account message. Why?
Login to Me Too

sassymamaswag04
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue. Paypal told me on the phone that I needed to have my account for 1 month, then to try again. It's been a month and still getting an error message. 

Login to Me Too

Ktkat420
Contributor
Contributor
After playing tag through the terrible messaging system and having multiple inquiries closed due to me not getting the notifications in time, I finally called them and the only answer I got was "we can't offer you the Paypal cash card at this time" "wait 30 days and hopefully your account will have enough activity to be updated by then and you can reapply." I'm thinking it has something to do with my account being 1. Less than a year old. 2. I closed a previous Paypal account using the same email address and phone number as the one I have now that was a solid 6 years old. I had the cash card with that account but needed to close it for personal reasons. I think that may have thrown some red flags up for paypal somehow and I'm hoping That if I wait for my account to reach about 6 months old with plenty of legitimate transactions and deposits and such that I should be able to get the cash card then. I just find it so very strange that it's so hard to find out any information about this issue that so many people are having. None of the customer service people really give you any sort of legitimate information about why it is that you can't apply for the cash card. It's almost as if they don't know either why you can't have one it just says that you can't. But I'll update again when I do try to apply for another Cash Card I'm going to wait about another month I believe just to be on the safe side and give it plenty of time.
Login to Me Too

Ktkat420
Contributor
Contributor
Still no luck. I get the same exact message every time saying that my account can't be updated. I'm about to give up and switch to an online bank like Varo or Current.
Login to Me Too

temp20210826a
Contributor
Contributor
its so ignorant they told me i had to wait approx 1 month for a freakn debit card whoever come up with that is a idiot!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.