UPS shipping not working

jmestate2016
New Community Member

I keep getting an error message when trying to make a UPS shipping label using.  USPS seems to be working fine

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

JMPSRQ
Contributor
Contributor

I have also confirmed with UPS directly and they said it is an issue with PayPal...yet I have not received any coherent (or any for that matter) response. Would you mind letting me know if you get resolved? I can create on UPS site but that does not offer our PP shipping discount. Hope they at least acknowledge they have an issue soon! Thanks in advance! Joanne

Login to Me Too

mvptshirt
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I've been having headaches for about a week printing UPS labels on Paypal. 

It keeps showing an error message stating it's unable to print the label. 

I've tried several ways to fix this problem and here is how it worked for me. 

I'm not sure if it will work for everyone, but I thought it may be helpful to share. 

1) Locate your UPS account number - Find your most recent UPS label you printed via Paypal. 

The 6 digit code next to the 1Z in the tracking number will be your account number.

2) Go to UPS Marketplace - https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/shipping/marketplace-shipping.page

And enroll now by setting up an account

3) Then link your marketplace (eBay or Etsy etc.) or eCommerce store using account credentials

4) Once linked, it will automatically show your recent orders from the linked platform

5) Choose the order that you need to create a shipping label - enter package dimension, delivery service, and weight then click next

6) Here comes the important part! At first, it will show the regular UPS rate but please scroll down to the payment section

7) There should be an option saying "Bill My Account"

-> Select and choose Add an Existing Account

-> Choose documents and packages

-> Account Number - ** YOU SHOULD PUT YOUR PAYPAL UPS ACCOUNT NUMBER HERE **

-> Fill out the required information and click next

😎 Then the UPS rate will be adjusted to the discounted rate provided by Paypal.

9) Lastly, please keep an eye on the Shipping Service since it sometimes defaults to Second-day shipping and Un-check Saturday delivery.

Choose ground for the lowest cost.

10) Once you set-up the account, it will always show on the top page to choose which account to use when you create the label. 

This is how it worked for me and I hope it works for you guys! 😉

Login to Me Too

Skikidd
Contributor
Contributor

Has this worked for anyone else?  When I use my account number (which is also listed in your shipping carrier info in settings) It allows me to go through the whole process including asking for a PIN and making me reenter my password.  However, when I use the newly created PayPal account, it does not apply any discounts!

Login to Me Too

Skikidd
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, I closed everything, waited several hours and came back and now the account seems to have *truly* applied as it shows up as a separate drop down now.  And now the discount applies so this work around is working thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.