Trying to checkout with Pay in 4 & can't select an alternative credit card for payment.

skeltbl
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to checkout using 'Pay in 4' and I can't select a different credit card at the "Choose a card...' screen. It defaults to my MasterCard but I want to use Amex. When I try to 'Link a new card' which is the only interactive choice on the page, I can then go in and select my saved Amex however any clicks after that result in a 'we're sorry, something appears to be wrong message'. Any tips? I'm working on my laptop on Chrome browser but have never had issues in the past.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @skeltbl,

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues making a purchase with Pay in 4 using your Amex. If the card has been Added and Confirmed onto your account, but is not showing up as a repayment option for Pay in 4, it may be due to a check performed by our Security System. In that case, I'd recommend using another card as a repayment method for your Pay in 4 or try to fund it directly from your Amex. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this presents,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

skeltbl
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Jon. The Amex in question is my 'preferred method of payment' card on my Paypal account so I find it odd that it might not have passed a security check but that's life in a digital world - sometimes things come up in data that flag a concern. In the end, I checked out via the vendor's website using their Afterpay option and used my Amex. If the issue crops up again with Paypal I'll come back here to raise it. 

Cheers,

Bron. 

Login to Me Too

dylanava
New Community Member
I have the exact same problem. Defaulting to MasterCard only for pay in 4. Amex is already my preferred payment method for all PayPal transactions but is not presented as an option when pay in 4 selected and seems to be no way of rectifying this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.