Thieves

Kreynolds2
Contributor
Contributor
When using pay in 4 I paid 4 separate plans all on the same day, the money was taken out of my account separately, then a payment came out for all 4 plans combined, effectively double dipping out of my bank. Called PayPal and they said they couldn't see the combined payment. Did a 3 way call with my bank who confirmed a double payment. PayPal insists it isn't there. This seems illegal. Anyone else have this issue? Take a screenshot of your information, I feel a class action suit is worth a look.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kreynolds2 

PayPal automatically debits your selected payment method at time of purchase on the due date for your Pay In 4 purchases.

Did you make manual payments on all your Pay In 4 plans? If so, did you make them at least 48 hrs in advance of payment due date to avoid being double charged? Call PayPal back every other day until PayPal does see the combined double payment and have it refunded.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kreynolds2
Contributor
Contributor
All of the payments I made were at due at the earliest 12/5/22. I always stay way ahead of payments and usually pay in full within a month. They've pulled this before but it was never this much money. I had a 3 way call with customer service and my bank. CS rep said she could not see the hold on the money even though I could see on my app and my bank rep confirmed she could see it too. They're holding it hostage until this Sunday supposedly but I'm not letting it go, this is totally unacceptable.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.