Someone I Don't Know Has Sent Me a Money Request. What Do I DO?

TribalVixen76
Contributor
Contributor

I received a message from PayPal saying that someone sent me a $100 money request. I have no clue who this person is, so I didn't click on anything in the email. I logged into my PayPal account, and there it was. A money request for $100 from a person I don't know. I've never heard of this person and don't know who she is! Is there anything I can do to delete the request? Do I ignore it? Does it go away? This has never happened to me before and I don't know what to do. How do I get rid of this money request?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TribalVixen76,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting! If you have received an unexpected payment request, it's possible that they mistyped the email address to which they intended to send the request. You have the option to cancel it. It is not possible to entirely delete the request from the record, as it is part of the history of the account that the request was received.

To cancel, click the cancel option next to the money request in your activity, and then click Yes to complete the cancellation.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Temp20220206m
Contributor
Contributor

Someone l Don't know has sent me

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TribalVixen76,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting! If you have received an unexpected payment request, it's possible that they mistyped the email address to which they intended to send the request. You have the option to cancel it. It is not possible to entirely delete the request from the record, as it is part of the history of the account that the request was received.

To cancel, click the cancel option next to the money request in your activity, and then click Yes to complete the cancellation.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

TribalVixen76
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the help, Olivia! I appreciate that!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.