Smart button takes money but does not come to my account

DisgustedPete
Contributor
Contributor

I have used the normal Paypal Buy Now buttons before, and I decided to add a Smart Button to my page.

A customer made a payment, but no notification or money has come through. I made a payment myself as a test and still no money has come through.

I had a look at the code generated and nowhere does it mention my Paypal ID so I am wondering if the money has got no account to come through to- is that possible?

I have copied the code below, where it says client-id=sb should it not have something to identify my account?

I have now replaced the code with a standard button but €100 of my customers money and €100 of my own money is still missing.

<div id="smart-button-container">
<div style="text-align: center;">
<div id="paypal-button-container"></div>
</div>
</div>
<script src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=sb&currency=EUR" data-sdk-integration-source="button-factory"></script>
<script>
function initPayPalButton() {
paypal.Buttons({
style: {
shape: 'rect',
color: 'gold',
layout: 'vertical',
label: 'paypal',

},

createOrder: function(data, actions) {
return actions.order.create({
purchase_units: [{"description":"Technical support for one fault on one vehicle","amount":{"currency_code":"EUR","value":100}}]
});
},

onApprove: function(data, actions) {
return actions.order.capture().then(function(details) {
alert('Transaction completed by ' + details.payer.name.given_name + '!');
});
},

onError: function(err) {
console.log(err);
}
}).render('#paypal-button-container');
}
initPayPalButton();
</script>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

tymek
New Community Member

Yes, you need to get you Client ID first.

Go to your paypal business dashboard "Configure Paypal Chackout" and then "Get your API credentials"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.