Shopify PayPal Express Currency Issue

monettex
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Shopify store and it is in AUD because I am in Australia. I have PayPal Express checkout enabled in my store and I have a PayPal account that has both AUD and USD enabled. However, I rarely use the USD(I only need it for Patreon). Up until very recently all my store payments were received in AUD. When customers(most of mine are in US) shopped my Shopify store, they would pay whatever the AUD equivalent was and this was nice because I received payments in AUD and did not have to convert them of pay conversion fees. All of a sudden now I started getting payments in USD. This has never happened before during the year and a half that I've had my Shopify store. I called Shopify and they said it is not an issue on their end, they have not changed anything and it is a paypal issue. So my question is, was there some sort of recent update that is causing my issue? And how can I fix it? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

monettex
Contributor
Contributor

I have researched this further and it appears to be a new update, this is from Shopify Changelog:

April 20, 2021 Payments

PayPal Express Checkout now accepts payments in multiple currencies. When a customer pays for an order using PayPal, they will be able to complete checkout in their local currency, just like when they pay using a credit card. Any refunds issued through PayPal are also handled in the customer’s local currency.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

monettex
Contributor
Contributor

I have researched this further and it appears to be a new update, this is from Shopify Changelog:

April 20, 2021 Payments

PayPal Express Checkout now accepts payments in multiple currencies. When a customer pays for an order using PayPal, they will be able to complete checkout in their local currency, just like when they pay using a credit card. Any refunds issued through PayPal are also handled in the customer’s local currency.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.