Shipping to Freight Forwarding companies?

lightsalt
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I just sold one item which is around $300, and received the payment instantly. The address in Ebay/Paypal is:

<removed>

I googled this address, because the buyer information says he is at Oman, and found that this address is that of the freight forwarding company.

I never sold the items to international buyers, so hope to ask that it is safe to ship to freight forwarding companies. For example, I am worrying if the buyer would claim that he does not receive the item, the item is damaged, or else.

I am trying to be careful because of my one experience with Buyer protection (despite the case was U.S. address, not freight forwarding).

Previously, a buyer claimed that he received the defective item and, although I clarified no returns in product description, the Ebay forced me to give a full refund to the buyer.   I do not want the same thing happens in this case.

Please let me know I would be covered by seller protection, even if the case this international buyer would claim that he does not receive the item. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lightsalt 

No Returns seller policy at eBay only applies to buyer's remorse reasons only, generally reasons where you are not at fault (didn't fit, didn't like, saw it cheaper someplace else, etc). If a buyer claims "item not as described" you are considered at fault and will need to accept return and pay for return postage. If not, and the buyer escalates to eBay, eBay forces a refund without a return.

In your current situation, if you shipped to a freight forwarder, eBay money back guarantee does not cover buyer if this is an eBay sale and if the freight forwarder's address is on the PayPal payment and you shipped it there with tracking and with signature confirmation if the order is over $750, you should be covered for item not received under PayPal seller protection.

PayPal Seller Protection:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#seller-protection

eBay seller protection:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/get-started/seller-protection.html

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lightsalt
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for quick reply. Please allow me one more question.

"In your current situation, if you shipped to a freight forwarder, eBay money back guarantee does not cover buyer if this is an eBay sale and if the freight forwarder's address is on the PayPal payment and you shipped it there with tracking and with signature confirmation if the order is over $750, you should be covered for item not received under PayPal seller protection."

This means, as long as I ship the item to the address shown in Paypal (which means the address automatically shown when I print the shipping lable in Ebay), the buyer CANNOT make a claim (such as he does not receive the item, item is defective, etc.), which means I will be safe to ship.  Am I correct? 

Also, my item is $300, less than $750. 

Do I need to ship this item along with the signature confirmation and/or the insurance? 

Thanks for your answer in advance!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lightsalt 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Not covered

• Buyer remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing (see the seller’s return policy for return options)
  • Items damaged during local pickup
  • Local pickup items that were not collected by, or on behalf of, the buyer
  • Items not delivered, damaged during collection, or damaged during shipment when the buyer arranges pick-up or shipping of the item (for instance, the buyer arranges freight)
  • Duplicate claims through other resolution methods
  • Items shipped to another address after original delivery, or when the buyer uses a freight forwarder. Exceptions include eBay shipping programs such as the Global Shipping Program and eBay international standard delivery.
  • Vehicles (see eBay Vehicle Protection), Real Estate, Websites & Business for Sale, Classified Ads, services, Digital Content, Intangible Goods, and some Business Equipment categories (see eBay Business Equipment Purchase Protection)
  • Items sold through Sotheby's

Hmmm, referring back to the PayPal Seller Protection just to confirm, it appears that the PP policy differs from eBay's...on this point (in red):

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#seller-protection

Basic requirements

To be eligible for PayPal’s Seller Protection, you must meet all of the following requirements:

• The primary address for your PayPal account must be in the United States.
  • The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
  • You must ship the item to the shipping address on the transaction details page in your PayPal account for the transaction. If you originally ship the item to the recipient's shipping address on the transaction details page but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery.
  • You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner as requested in our email correspondence with you or in our correspondence with you through the Resolution Center. If you do not respond to PayPal’s request for documentation and other information in the time requested, you may not be eligible for Seller Protection.
  • If the sale involves pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, you must ship within the timeframe you specified in the listing. Otherwise, it is recommended that you ship all items within 7 days after receipt of payment.

Item Not Received additional requirements

To be eligible for PayPal’s Seller Protection program for a buyer’s Item Not Received claim, you must meet both the basic requirements listed above and the additional requirements listed below:

• Where a buyer files a chargeback with the issuer for a card-funded transaction, the payment must be marked “eligible” for PayPal’s Seller Protection on the Transaction Details page.
  • You must provide proof of delivery as described below.

Unauthorized Transactions additional requirements

To be eligible for PayPal’s Seller Protection program for a buyer’s Unauthorized Transaction claim, you must meet both the basic requirements listed above and the additional requirements listed below:

• The payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” for PayPal's Seller Protection on the Transaction Details page.
  • You must provide proof of shipment or proof of delivery as described below.

You're not covered for Significantly Not as Described unless the buyer's claim does not meet SNAD criteria:

Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) claims

An item may be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The item is materially different from the seller's description of it.
  • You received a completely different item.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the item was described as "new" but the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic (i.e. it is counterfeit).
  • The item is missing major parts or features and those facts were not disclosed in the description of the item when you bought it.
  • You purchased a certain number of items but didn't receive them all.
  • The item was materially damaged during shipment.
  • The item is unusable in its received state and was not disclosed as such.

An item may not be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The item is materially similar to the seller's description of it.
  • The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller in its description of the item.
  • The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was described as "used."

Insuring it to the freight forwarder's destination is up to you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lightsalt
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your another reply, but it makes me more confused.

So, is it safe to ship my item to this address of freight forwarding company or not?

If this shipment is not covered by seller protection, I need to cancel/refund this transaction, so please help me one more time. 

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Canadian101
New Community Member

Hi, did you figure it out? I have a buyer with same exact shipping address as your.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.