Ship Station is crap!!

davefr1
Contributor
Contributor

This new ship station service is terrible:

1. I can no longer print a receipt on the same page as my label.  I use to be able to print a 1/2 page label with the other half being a receipt for my records.

2. How can I enter the buyers email so they get sent a "Thanks you for your order" message along with tracking?

3. I can no longer generate a prepaid return label unless I enter all the details from the purchaser's address.  Where is the option just to enter a ship from different zip code only?

4. I have two paypal accounts and Ship Station gets them confused in the middle of a transaction even though one is logged off.  I need to use a separate browser for each account to avoid errors.  PIA

What was wrong with the old Paypal shipping to change to this new Ship Station garbage?  Does Paypal have a venue for feedback or is this it?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

caricell
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed!

I can't believe Paypal switched over to Shipstation without first verifying that the same features that were available in Paypal shipping were also available on Shipstation.

I NEED these receipts printed on the other half of my label to file with my sales receipts!

What baloney!

Login to Me Too

CaravanFiber
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. Response time is extremely slow. And just discovered that you can't purchase a label if it's NOT associated with an invoice. You could before the change over. 

Login to Me Too

CaravanFiber
Contributor
Contributor

Several weeks into this shipstation thing....last weekend the PO did an upgrade to their own site. This led to some interesting issues when attempting to get labels through shipstation.

For instance....I bought a label to a Canada address. The delivery address on the label ws not my customer's address--it was going to a USPS Global Mail Station in New Jersey. The label did mention my customer by name & province, but it did NOT list her address.  So I voided the label.  Yesterday I attempted the same thing. Same result.

So, what's the problem? Well, if you contact PayPal they refer you to ShipStation. If you call ShipStation they refer you to PayPal. And honestly, I do NOT have the time to sit on hold with each company only to get a non-response. 

PP's old mail system wasn't perfect, but it was quicker than this one. In neither case would PayPal answer issues with that part of the process.

Login to Me Too

frankiedoll
Contributor
Contributor

You have to have a Paypal invoice?  I wonder if thats why shipstation would not complete a label purchase last week.  Of course it didn't say what it was doing it just said "Error" regarding payment and freaked out my ccard company because of course i hit retry several times ...It would have been a nice discount too, compared to what i had to pay at UPS direct to send this gift.

Login to Me Too

fotomunkey
New Community Member

Did not know that you needed an invoice. 

Yet even with an invoice I still had problems.

This is a huge fail for PP. They needed to get this perfect before switching over.

Now all they have is a horde of enraged people.

If you are running your business on this platform you are in trouble.

Login to Me Too

ezgenswitch
Contributor
Contributor

Its not ship station its what PAYPAL let them do. I switch over to Ship Station direct for a monthly fee and it is great. Came back today to make a label from PayPal because it was a direct deposit to my e-mail and you are correct...you need to do everything by hand. Is this to force you to pay and sign up with ship station or =???  probably

Login to Me Too

chances14
Contributor
Contributor

agree 100%. Shipstation through paypal is complete garbage. I've always had a different ship from and return address. Now's there's not even an option to change the origin zip code 

I've been using pirateship for the last couple weeks. Way better than this crap paypal and shipstation came up with 

Login to Me Too

tlischko
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. Today I couldn;t even get Ship Station to come up. All I got was an error message. I ship a lot of First Class packages through USPS and Ship Station makes it so difficult to just put in the weight. I wish PayPal would go back to the old way they did it. It was so much easier.

Login to Me Too

JanRake
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely I cannot purchase and print a single label!!! I’m over PayPal and all their unnecessary crap!! One thing after another!! Been dealing with them 6 yrs and I’m fed up Can anyone recommend a better company??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.