Reverting the New Packing Slip format to the old one.

hsllc
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know how to revert the New (June 2022) Packing Slip format to the previous layout?

The new format…

1. Does not display order details on the purchased item… which will slow down packing since we will now need to look up item specifics;
  2. Requires a longer printing time and wastes ink… because of the gray background;
  3. Devalues my business… because of the vibrant PayPal branding.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

3MS
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't found an answer for this either but have the same problem.

I don't know why it's so hard for PP to make these types of format options available to users, but let the user decide if they'd like to change them. Every time PP tried to 'help' me, it wastes more of my time.

Login to Me Too

mizring
Contributor
Contributor

I was thinking I was the only one having this problem. The new format is completely unusable. It used to take about about a half page. Now there is a ridiculous amount of line spacing, too much extraneous unnecessary information, the text is too large, and it requires more than one page to print. I've tried contact Paypal and they told me they didn't change anything (surprise!). A waste of paper and ink. I will no longer be printing packing slips.

Login to Me Too

Sparklies
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, although I don't get the grey background printed thankfully.

They removed the Item Description (optional bit) from the packing slips a few years ago and eventually put it back, presumably after an outcry from the community. Like you I need it printed as it tells me which variant of the product the customer has ordered and it's a PITA to have to look it up and write it on, not to mention it looks unprofessional. I mean do they think we spend time typing that info in when we create the invoice for the good of our souls?!

Login to Me Too

3MS
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using the PP shopping cart for 10+ years and based upon my experience and having worked in IT for many years, the development team is likely overseas, never uses the product, and isn't checked by anyone here in the U.S. that actually uses the product. 

Strange way to run a business but sadly becoming the norm.

Login to Me Too

hsllc
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has reversed the packing slip to the previous format!

I don't know if they listened to us or if it was a mistake to begin or something else but whichever, I'm glad they reverted to a usable format.

Thanks Paypal!  🙂

Login to Me Too

mizring
Contributor
Contributor

I agree! I can use the packing slips again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.