Question regarding sales tax and gross total for sales

BrentShiver
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, I called paypal and asked this the other day but I am not sure I received the correct info.  The reason I am dubious is I also asked the individual on the phone several other questions regarding could I do this or that on the website, I was told that was not possible, and then minutes later I was able to find, and do what I was looking for.  So I dont know how well informed customer service was.

On to my question.  

Ill use round numbers to make it easy.  

Lets say I sold 1000 items for $10,000, $10 each. 

I sell a $10 item, and then the customer pays $10.70 for the item with sales tax.   Paypal chaged $10.70 or $10,7000 gross with tax.  

Which number is my gross sales for that item?  the $10 that I charged?  or the $10.70 that  paypal charged?  The reason I am asking, is I have hundreds of transactions, I am doing my taxes for 2020 and I do not want to have to add every transaction one by one unless I have to in order to figure out how much sales tax was charged.  

Simply, is the sales tax collected included within the gross dollar total for my sales?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.