Question on Honey Gold Redeem for shopping credit

gmtmaster79
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone having an issue using Honey Gold redeem for PayPal Shopping Credit?  I have redeemed the Honey Gold with $60 to PayPal credit, and it is showing in my Wallet under "Offers" and it says "Thanks for redeeming Gold for a PayPal shopping credit!".  To redeem, all I need to do is:
Click on Use Offer to be redirected to the store's website.
Check out with PayPal and your offer will be automatically applied.

But every time when I tried to check out with PayPal, for example from Walmart.com or Newegg.com which takes PayPal payment, I don't see any voucher or credits being applied.  Spoke with PayPal customer service and they said it may depend on the store or the "item" being purchased.  That's a joke since it doesn't state that on PayPal.  Anyone else having a similar problem?
Screenshot 2021-09-01 105558.jpgScreenshot 2021-09-01 105534.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

gmtmaster79
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried it yesterday on Homedepot.com, and this time the voucher showed up! I quickly paid and used up all my voucher credit, and will not convert Homey Gold to voucher ever again!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

jaminardi
New Community Member

I am having the same issue. Not sure how to tell if they are accepting the Honey Gold credit that's in my account or not wen I go to pay.  

Login to Me Too

sihanyuan
Contributor
Contributor

same issue. and customer support never gave me a working solution. literally **bleep** paypal.

Login to Me Too
Solved

gmtmaster79
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried it yesterday on Homedepot.com, and this time the voucher showed up! I quickly paid and used up all my voucher credit, and will not convert Homey Gold to voucher ever again!

Login to Me Too

nomipafu
Contributor
Contributor

Same. At first I got all excited because I use Paypal often. I first purchased on Domestika, but it didn't use shopping credit. Then I purchased on Steam, nope. Like, really? I noticed in terms and conditions it says the shopping credit does not apply to pre-approved payments. So I deleted steam from pre-approved payments but every time I log into Paypal to purchase on Steam it goes right back to becoming a pre-approved payment. Doesn't make any sense. And there doesn't seem to be any way around this. I knew I should have chosen a gift card instead 😧 Legit upset

Login to Me Too

Tywnnvlad
Contributor
Contributor

Same, I have a $20 voucher from honey and tried paying from Paypal. The problem is it is so hard to figure out if you can use the coupon or not when paying paypal.

Please fix this.

Login to Me Too

nagmad61
Contributor
Contributor

I was happy to exchange my points for a shopping voucher.  It now appears under my payment methods, but there is no way of selecting it towards

payment.  The most response I got was a wave from the emoji on the voucher box!!  I'm not very impressed with this at the moment as I have now

tried three 'respected' online shopping sites and none of them appeared to be 'qualifying' in terms of redeeming the voucher.  Has anyone got any

tips, eg. do you have to spend a minimum amount before the 'offer' can be used?  Anyone.......??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.