Promotional purchases and how to pay them off first.

rcdrake02
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know how to avoid a sneaky interest charge in 6 months.  I have made payments for the exact balance of a promotional purchase, only to find out that it was just applied to the overall balance.  Any ideas on how to get PayPal to direct the payment,  to pay in full the outstanding balance for promotions?  Thanks in advance for your awesome feedback!

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

kangol67
New Community Member

this is so frustrating - cannot see why you cannot clear a specific balance or make a payment for certain parts of your Credit facility.  There appears no specific help to this let alone speak to anyone at PayPal.... 😞

Login to Me Too

Ray829
New Community Member
PayPal is absolutely sneaky with there 6 month promotional purchase program, I’ve had problems with this for years, first off they do not allocate payments towards your first up expiring balances, instead they apply it to the regular balance 2 you literally have no way to allocate payments unless you call or chat with them, and then it’s not even updated in real time !! They always say wait 1 -2 billing cycles, those payments should automatically go towards your promotional balances first !!! I’ve been frustrated for years with this(yes years)I ask all the time when will there be an option on the web site for these transactions only to be told we are working on it !!! Come on PayPal it shouldn’t be that hard to do !! After all there USED TO be an option to do that without calling or chatting !! This is absolutely a tactic to get the financial gain from these purchases, PAYPAL MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.