Problem with new paypal machine

teddy62
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Community

I have had 5 new PayPal Here card reader Machines sent to me over the past 6 weeks, all reading the same message. ''Damage to reader'' These items have come straight out of the box. I begin charging, turn the message on and the message appears!

This is simply unacceptable as I have complained many times to PayPal HQ... when pushed, the only answer they can give me is we're send another??? what' so I now have 6 broken units! The operator did tell me that PayPal are discontinuing this service forcing me to purchase the Zettle machine.

As I'm sure you all know, PayPal own Zettle and are driving PayPal Here users onto to this system...Why? Even after arranging an Intergrated account which I have done, you have to wait until Zettle clear funds then forward to your PalPay... what a completely upside-down way of doing things? PayPal Here is a great system. You make a transaction, and the funds are shown instantly'' allowing you to then transfer funds around the world within minutes of receiving new funds. I still haven't had an answer as to why all these machines I've received are broken, and PayPal's only answer is to send another...Total madness! As we are being focused to use the Zettle system, why can't they'' arrange for funds to be shown instantly??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @teddy62

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum and thank you for your post. 

I understand you are having difficulty with some PayPal Here devices.

PayPal Here is no longer available to buy as we have moved to Zettle card readers. I know this is not the answer you were hoping for but this may be why the PayPal Here readers are no longer working. 

You may need to sign up with Zettle. 

To sign up to Zettle using your PayPal:

1.  Login to PayPal using our website:  https://www.paypal.com/signin 

2.  Select 'App Centre' at the top of your page.

3. Select 'All Apps'

4. In the search bar type 'Point of Sale'  

Here is where you can sign up for Zettle. 

Otherwise, 

Please use the below link to find out more about Zettle and please don't hesitate to reach out to them directly in order to receive further assistance if required.

Zettle: accept card payments in person (paypal.com) & Zettle by Paypal (former iZettle) | POS & payment solutions 

Thank you! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

teddy62
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply. I realise what has happened” I just wish PayPal we’re up-front with me in the first place? The company were obviously aware they were shutting the present system down, but still sent out (5) new readers…. Knowing the readers were never going to work! I had no choice but to switch to Zettle, I just wish they would organise instant “cleared” payments?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.