Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal.me link with specific amount not working

Options
nucaica
New Community Member
Posted on

Hi, I've been using PayPal.me links with specific amounts in the past. However today the link does not seem to be working as expected.

Before the link brought you to a page where to pay the exact amount stated in the URL. Now the link brings me to my generic "user" page with the options of request and send.

Is it something temporary? Has the format changed? Or am I doing something wrong? Are you experiencing something similar?

<removed>

<removed>

Both links have the same behaviour.

Thanks

39 REPLIES 39

Options
AKGC
Contributor

We have the exact same problem and we are very **bleep** about it,

all our PayPal links with specific amounts did not work today,

the links would send the client to a generic page where he had to input the amount himself... 

lot's of mistakes and wrong inputs...  Huge mess...  PAYPAL, **bleep** ARE YOU DOING?  

We ended up using payment links from other platforms such as Revolut, TransferWise, etc...  

We like PayPal.Me but only if we can control the specific amount to be requested.

It seems that PayPal is very good in destroying proven recipes and practices that do work and people need and want.

Disappointing...  AGAIN!  

Does anyone know if this is a temporary problem, or if PayPal actually decided to remove this useful feature...? 

Is it time to move my business to Stripe or elsewhere...? 

Options
SallyWhitehead
Contributor

I am having this same issue. Not only won't it let me specify a specific amount but my link now leads people to a landing page which says "Request" or "Send" whereas previously it would just show them a clear £0.00 SEND option for them to fill in where I already set up the "tick if receiving goods or services" button autofilled for them.  If this is a permanent change I'll be disabling my account as it is really UNhelpful!! 

Options
66SqFt
Contributor

This is exactly what is happening to me.

Options
OmarNajdi
Contributor

I am facing the same issue.

All PayPal me links now go to a page where the recipient needs to select send or request, and then put the amount manually. So adding the exact amount to the link does nothing.

Options
AngusHume
Contributor

Not working for me either. 

Options
NTGroup
Contributor

We have same problem with two distinct PayPal account since few days.
We have tried several combinations in URL without success and did not find any solution on PayPal help center about this matter.
Very disappointing

Options
kingofocean
Contributor

Same exact issue here! Ask help from the customer support chat but wasn't helpful at all. Just telling me Paypal.me link is working blah blah blah without even checking, testing and understanding what I am reporting regarding the "specific amount and currency" part. He is saying it works because it "works" but not understanding that it doesn't "work" like how it should. LOL

Anyway, I hope they see what's the issue is and fix it. Whatever change they made few days ago, they should undo it.

Options
Aries8909
Contributor
I got ahold of the PayPal.me team and the guy I talked to sounded shocked it wasn’t working, went through the steps with me and was more shocked he couldn’t get it to work, half way through him going through options the line got disconnected (weird) and no one was able to transfer me back to that department after 🤔 this is turning into a conspiracy lol

Options
lrc2
Contributor

Such a bummer. This is a really useful feature. I hope it's temporary.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.