Paypal.me link customization for donation

BoDoFoDi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I'm a non profit organization based in Sarajevo, I need to customize my paypal.me link to receive donations. So I need to know how :1. Create predefined amounts and an additional field to select the amount you like. 2. Activate the option to choose to donate also by credit card as well as by paypal account. 3. Create different links based on the project the user wants to support with the donation. This via dropdown menu or some other way.
I hope I was clear and I hope you can help me. Thank you !

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BoDoFoDi 

PayPal me links don’t have all these options you’re asking for. The most you can do is…

Request a specific amount:
Just add the amount you want to request to the end of your link. For example, use PayPal.Me/DiaRusso/25 to request 25.00 in your primary currency.

Request a specific amount and currency:

You can request a specific currency by adding the currency code to the amount. So to ask for Australian Dollars, for example, you would use PayPal.Me/DiaRusso/25AUD.

Another option is to use PayPal Payments Standard donation button/QR code/page or PayPal Checkout as the payment solution. These options let your donors complete their transactions on the PayPal website.

For further assistance, open a tech support ticket:

https://developer.paypal.com/support/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BoDoFoDi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi !
Thank you for your kind reply.
I would like to ask if is possible to get the options that I mentioned in my previous post using  PayPal Payments Standard donation button/QR code/page or PayPal Checkout as the payment solution as you suggest me ?
If is possible have a cost for implement or is free ?

Thanks in advance 

Best

Login to Me Too

BoDoFoDi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi !
I would like to ask if is possible to get the options that I mentioned in my previous post using  PayPal Payments Standard donation button/QR code/page or PayPal Checkout as the payment solution as you suggest me ?
If is possible have a cost for implement or is free ?

Thanks in advance 

Best

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @BoDoFoDi,

Welcome to the PayPal community. If you follow the links that @sharpiemarker provided you in their response it should give you all the information you need to create the type of buttons you want. There is a lot of information in these links and they will guide you. 

Thanks for your post, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

BoDoFoDi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi !
Unfortunately when I click to button manager i get the following page and url:
url:  https://www.paypal.com/donate/buttons/error?name=COUNTRY_NOT_SUPPORTED

BoDoFoDi_0-1678705065806.pngBoDoFoDi_1-1678705113275.png

My profile is a profile set as in Bosnia Erzegovina where is allocated the organization, but in this moment im in italy, is it maybe this the rproblem ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @BoDoFoDi

Thank you for the screenshot and the additional information. 

You would be correct in saying that you are getting an error because of the country the account is opened in. Not all countries are eligible for all products. Looking at the error message you are getting it would seem that you are not eligible. We are always adapting and changing so it may become available in the future. 

Thanks

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.