Paypal Smart Buttons Integration - Adding Shipping Charges / Allowing Transaction to show on Shopify

NextChapterBook
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to implement Paypal Smart Buttons to my website but set it up to allow shipping charges to be added by the site depending on the customers selection. Also would like for the transaction to be recorded in Shopify as well not just Paypal. Is this functionality possible? Currently if they use the paypal smart buttons to purchase something, the transaction only shows on paypal and taxes and shipping cannot be added? How can i get that done or who can i hire to make that happen?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Since you're using Shopify you'll be limited to whatever they're providing for you with PayPal integration, shipping, tax, etc. 

There should be an area like "Settings -> Payments" where you can enable PayPal.  Within that you will hopefully see an option for "PayPal Complete Payments" which would be recommended since it's the latest and greatest from PayPal and includes lots of good features for payments, financing options, reporting, and more.

If they don't have that they'll probably have something like "PayPal Express Checkout" or "PayPal Standard" and you'll need to set one of those up.

Shopify itself would handle the shipping and tax calculations, as well as coupon codes and anything else you might have configured in Shopify.  Then when the cart is all filled up and ready for payment it would send the user over to PayPal and pass the details of the cart accordingly.

It sounds like you're trying to paste in your own PayPal buttons..??  You're kind of fighting the point of the platform you're working in.  Just create your products in Shopify, setup your shipping, tax, and all those things within Shopify and let it do its thing.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.