Paypal Pay in 4 issue that no one can seem to help me with!

Classic956
Contributor
Contributor

so i recently did a paypal pay in 4 transaction & finished paying it ahead of time so I figured I would do it again on a second purchase since it was showing up on my payment option.
Well when i tried it I got this response with my denial

(We regret that we are unable to approve your request at this time for the following reason:

Total Balances On your outstanding Pay in 4 loans is too high.)
I had until the 15th of this month to pay it off and I paid the remaining amount on the 9th.
So i contact someone on customer service and they tell me to just keep trying  and it should eventually let me since the system had to process my final payment. OK so i wait 24 hrs and try again, well eventually i got a denied again and to make things worse i got this message
(We regret that we are unable to approve your request at this time for the following reason:

Application information tied to unusual activity.

Thank you for your interest in PayPal Pay in 4.)

My guess is that due to me trying several times like I was told and getting denied they flagged it as unusual activity.
I contacted customer support and absolutely no one has been able to help,they just tell me the system does it on its own and to wait 24 hours, It's been days and still nothing. The only option i get is for paypal credit,but no Pay in 4.
Any help or idea how I can get that back?
I keep getting emails and notifications about how I should try paypal pay in 4 and I cant even get access to it during check out lol

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

starbucks1222
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue and no one at Paypal has been able to help or knows what to do. I am beyond frustrated that not a single person at Paypal knows what I am talking about. 

Login to Me Too

Classic956
Contributor
Contributor
All they can tell me is that "the system did it and we cant change it" lol
Login to Me Too

MrGrunt
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue I'm having get approved but the store website kept having problems so transaction would never go through. Then when I try to do pay in 4 again I get the Application information tied to unusual activity denied message and now can't use pay in 4 at all when checking out because it doesn't show up.
Login to Me Too

Captain_Rex
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I used it once for the first time and then when I tried to use it again it gave me the same messages. How would I contact them to get the issue fixed?

Login to Me Too

Classic956
Contributor
Contributor
Through your app,go to the help section and have them call you unless you want to wait on the line for a customer service rep.
Login to Me Too

Classic956
Contributor
Contributor
Update: its now Jan 29th,i finished paying off my payin4 on dec 9th. I finally have the option again so i tried to purchase something today and I get this charming little message. (We regret that we are unable to approve your request at this time for the following reason: Total Balance on your outstanding Pay in 4 Loans or the Pay in 4 loan amount you requested is too high.) TOO HIGH.... Previous purchase was of $250 The one i got that message from was a purchase of $150 Tried again with a purchase of $60 and got turned down again with the same excuse. At this point i think paypal should just let us know we can only use pay in 4 one time in our entire lifetime lol
Login to Me Too

ramen23
Contributor
Contributor

i use this 2x in a different store earlier theres an option for it and tried applying for paypal credit and got denied when i  tried buying my item the 4 payments is gone..

Login to Me Too

Classic956
Contributor
Contributor
That happened to me late last year. You tried applying for pay in 4 too many times so the system has blocked you from trying to use it. Now it wont show up until a couple of days/weeks/months. It all depends on how long the paypal systen has blocked you from trying to use pay in 4
Login to Me Too

nousernameno
Contributor
Contributor

How do they even have a system if no one knows how it operates? This is beyond **bleep** **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.