Paypal Pay in 4 came up twice?

RyanDean
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry about the title but I honestly don't know what else to write.

Here's what happened.  I went to XFROG to get one of the plant libraries while they were still on sale.  I sign in and continue to checkout.  At this point it asks me if I want to pay with a Credit Card, PayPal, or Amazon Payments.

I select PayPal, check Pay in 4,  and fill out the details and it sends me back to the merchant.  Now, xFrog's site tells me to log in before I can continue.  I do so - again - and continue with PayPal once more. This time XFROG's receipt goes through, I see the statement in my email and PayPal account....  But I also see two Pay in 4 charges authorizing,  for $49.75 each. 

What can I do about that?  I can't cancel either of them, the Resolution Center says "Sorry we can't do anything about that kind of transaction",  and xFrog can't do anything about Pay in 4.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

drewbooo

this also just happened to me i got charged 6 times, did you ever get your money back??? i cannot get in contact with someone from paypal.

Login to Me Too

guerrasendy
Contributor
Contributor
They always charge me twice or even three times when I use PayPal in 4. It’s becoming really frustrating. I don’t understand why they have to put this hold. It’s happened to me 5 times now and it’s really upsetting. I have to call them all the time to fix it. It takes 3 days for the funds to go back and some of us can’t wait that long for our money to go back into our accounts. Wish they fixed this and only made it go through one time
Login to Me Too

pizzaholic
Contributor
Contributor
I agree . my bank account went negative bc they charged me 79$ twice lol so i had to take out my savings 😒 glad I'm not the only one though
Login to Me Too

pizzaholic
Contributor
Contributor
they put my money back after 5 days lol including the weekend
Login to Me Too

JoeyL144
New Community Member

There's always a catch in something that looks too good to be true.

Login to Me Too

alexshel
This also happened to me on the final 4th payment. I got charged $25 twice. Both transactions are still pending. Do I have to contact PayPal to get duplicate cancelled or it will get cancelled automatically?
Login to Me Too

WashingTub
Contributor
Contributor
I've had this problem too. Except this tike it actually cost me money. It striaght up says the payment went through the first time, so I assumed what money was listed in my account was the amount I had after the payment. Ordered something that cost arlund what I had left because I planned around a smaller pay-in-4 that was coming in, but right before that transaction went through, I got ANOTHER email saying my Pay-in-4 went trhiugh, and THAT one was the actual payment. Now I've been charged an overdraft fee on Wells Fargo because Papypal straight up misrepresented what happened.
Login to Me Too

KendallW
New Community Member

Hi, I was trying to see if I qualified for the Pay in 4 option for paypal. I thought it would ask for credit of some kind. I saw it was asking for a certain amount for the product I was looking at. I thought clicking it would take me to a page to wait and see if I qualified. I knew I didn't have enough money, so I only wanted to see that I qualified. Now I realized it took the last of money in my bank account, now I'm in the negative and I don't see an option to stop the authorization nor do I know how long it lasts before it is stopped. Is there any way to stop this authorization and return the money that was taken out of my bank account? Anything helps!

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @KendallW

Welcome to the PayPal Community, and congratulations on your first post! 

I'm sorry to hear about the authorization caused by your application for Pay in 4. If you do not go through with the purchase, the authorization will be voided after 72 hours. However, some banks can take 7-10 days to reflect the funds back in your account. You can learn more about Pay in 4 authorizations on our Help Center here: Why is there a pending authorization shown in my PayPal activity for my Pay in 4 Transaction?

Best wishes! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Hi there,

In a similar predicament. I bought an item over Ebay with pay in 4. The first time, it didn't successfully go through apparently through pay in 4, but the second time it went through for the total cost. I was fine with that. But now I see pending charges for the pay in 4 as well as the total cost. The pay in 4 amounts are random - one is for 27.29 and the other is 37.85. The 37.85 accidental pending makes sense - the item cost 4 times that amount. I am not sure where the 27.29 amount is coming from??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.