Paypal Pay-in-4 Application Denied

fhasan2
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal pay-in-4 was declined for the following reasons:

• Number of non-sufficient fund payments as compared to all payments using a card through your PayPal account(s) in the past year.
  • Number of payments using a PayPal-branded checkout in the last year.
  • Proportion of payments on all of your Pay in 4 installment loans that were declined

Could someone explain these points to me in a simpler way? Also is there a cooldown period for when I will be able to try using this feature again?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Narendar1
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @fhasan2 

Thanks for reaching out on our Community Forums! I completely understand your concern regarding pay in 4 application getting denied. If you choose Pay in 4 as your payment method when you check out with PayPal, you’ll be taken through the application process. You’ll get a decision instantly, but not everyone will be approved based on our internal checks. Unfortunately, our system will not specify why the Payin4 option is not available for you at this moment. Our decision process is automated and we assess your financial position, the information you provided within your application, and information about your usage and history with PayPal to decide whether Pay in 4 is available for you at this time. We may also use external bureau data to assess your application. However, it is automated and manual intervention is not possible. This should not affect you from using Pay in 4 option for the future purchases. Let me know if you face any issues. For more details, you can login and contact us so we can help you further. Stay safe and stay healthy. 

Narendar1

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.