Paypal Pay in 3 double charge and not updating payment plan

TurkishDelight
New Community Member

Hi folks!

I imagine this has been asked here before so sorry for the repetition of this question.

I was trying to pay my Paypal Pay in 3 payments due for the end of November and I noticed my payment plan list wasn't updating after I made some of the payments. I checked my bank app and realized that I've been charged twice for two of my payments (this is not the first time I've been making Pay in 3 payments by the way). Is there a way to get the money that was charged twice back? I used the 'Message Us' option and told the chatbot that I needed further help. It said I'd get a notification when Paypal e-mailed me with a response and asked me to write what the issue was about. I did and hit send and after a while, the chatbot said I had been inactive and needed to close the chat window. So I'm not 100% sure if the reason why I was asking for help went through.

Could anyone advise on what to do? The sums aren't huge but I had only meant to make this month's payment for my purchases and since I need to budget for December, I would rather have the extra money paid in my pocket. Thanks in advance for your answers!

Zey

TurkishDelight_0-1669636762333.png

TurkishDelight_1-1669636802381.png

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @TurkishDelight

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry you're having trouble with a recent Pay in 3 payment. Any extra payments and refunds will be applied to the final payment. You can learn more on our Help Center here: How does a merchant refund work for my Pay in 4? For more assistance investigating the duplicate charge, you can contact Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. You can also reach Support by sending a Direct Message on Twitter or a Private Message on Facebook

I hope this information helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Temp20221210A
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry this happened to you , iv just used the pay in 3 option for an item on ebay but I was charged the full amount and PayPal have sent a notification asking for the first payment to be made, sorry for Jinping on your thread but it isn't letting me ask questions for some reason.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Temp20221210A,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. Each Pay in 3 transaction associates with an authorization corresponding to an amount equal to the initial down payment or one fourth of your total purchase amount. Once the payment gets completed, any duplicate authorizations will get voided with 72 hours and the initial down payment will be withdrawn from your specified card, or bank account.

If you still see the double charges after the time frame, please report the transaction in the resolution center or reach out to our team by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page for additional assistance.

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.