Paypal Credit will not work on HP.com

Greystream
Contributor
Contributor

So I have a doozy of a story...

I was attempting to make a purchase on HP.com and on their website they have a direct link to both Paypal and Paypal Credit. I wanted to use the Paypal Credit for their 6 month no interest option. The Paypal pop-up shows up and asks me to select payment options. When I select Paypal Credit, it then proceeds to ask me what finance option I want. I select 6 month no interest (I've also tried 12 months with interest) and then it sends me back to payment selections and on goes the loop. I contacted HP support and they state that there is no issue on their end and to contact Paypal. So I do... Paypal states that I need to contact Paypal Credit since that is the payment method. So I do that as well. Paypal Credit then says that there is no issue on their end as my account is in good standing and has plenty of credit available, so they advise to contact Paypal. Ugh... so I do that again. I explain to Paypal everything that has happened so far and they again try to point me to Paypal Credit. I asked the agent to stay on the line with me while I do so and... wow! There was quite an interesting exchange between agents of Paypal and Paypal Credit. The agent says that he's been given a script that says to tell the customer to try another payment method or contact PPC (paypal credit). PPC agent says they see nothing on their end because PP (paypal) has not submitted it to them to even process and that I should not have been advised to contact them. PP agent repeats that he has no other option and then advises me to contact PPC *while I'm on the line with PPC agent* to which PPC agent replies that the PP agent is misadvising me to call them. They go back and forth for a while and eventually PPC agent states because they can't even see the attempt they cannot assist me and ends the call. PP Agent then contacts his supervisor who says that he will escalate the PPC agent and PPC supervisor for giving wrong information. 

So Both sides are blaming each other for false information or misadvising me. Aaannddd... I'm still stuck without any resolution. Yay...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Greystream 

It’s some technical software glitch, none of which either parties can resolve. Perhaps try clearing cache and PayPal cookies, restart your device and try again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Summitbuyer
Contributor
Contributor
This PayPal **bleep** is **bleep**ed….. this is one of the reasons I quit using PayPal years ago. They are worthless. I am having the same issue. Called PayPal and PayPal credit for 3 days and have been in the middle of their circle jerk the whole time. Same EXACT **bleep**ing thing! Approved for 12 months 0%apr only to never have the credit option offered to me as payment. They are so **bleep**ing irritating 😠. I am **bleep** because they pulled my credit and everything and now I can even buy a **bleep**ing $50 part with PayPal credit. **bleep** PAYPAL!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.