Paypal $10 Referral

H_dls
Contributor
Contributor

Received an email from PayPal about referring a friend to receive $10. I followed the steps and sent 1 cent to a friend who didn’t have Paypal. They linked their account and sent me a Payment of $15 for money they owed me. The conditions of the promotion were met as all they had to do was signup and send or spend $5 after receiving my 1 cent. Neither of us have received the $10.

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

Brendon8
Contributor
Contributor
Ok i can attest that the first time i did this, i sent 0.01 and then sent the person $5 had them order me something. I also had her link a card. We both got the $10 the next day. HOWEVER, i tried it again with someone else, and it's been a week and no money. I'm going to contact them, i don't appreciate their nonsense. Ie can't send money from your bank to PayPal, can't send PayPal btc to your bitcoin wallet. Paypal sucks, other than using for eBay or sending $ to friends... Bogus!
Login to Me Too

jasonjayhawk
New Community Member

How did you contact them?  I've spent 10 minutes looking through the various "contact us" options, and just when I found the "Promotional" help direct me to send an email, it then said, "I'm sorry, we're not accepting email contacts regarding this topic."

I know the FAQ said to wait 2 weeks, but now it's been 15 days for me, and no promotional credit....   Just curious if you ended up calling them during business hours?

Login to Me Too

Oliverrain
Contributor
Contributor
It has to be £5 sent to an account other than the sender
Login to Me Too

hucd

GarySpringer
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue at the current moment but I talked with a supervisor when calling the PayPal customer support number and now I am better informed on terms and agreements.  The 10.00 dollar bonus can take anywhere from 24 hours and or up to 2 weeks. You can find this valuable information if u go to PayPal referral through your Google browser and clicking on one of the several links that will pop up.  I do want to point out two things.  Yes it was a hassle sorta speak trying to get my bonus or the thought of not getting it all together but I applaud PayPal customer support team for talking in a tone that made me feel they understood my frustration and without a doubt that alone let me know we was gonna resolve this matter for sure.                                          5 STARS TO PAYPAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM

Login to Me Too

Sabrina4u
Contributor
Contributor
Been more than 2 weeks and still havent reveived anything! They lied to me and ended my chat with them! Now gotta go through this again with a new chat
Login to Me Too

Hmarines
Sound good
Login to Me Too

Sabrina4u
Contributor
Contributor
Me too I referred 2 people before the holidays! They said for January 1st we’d get our 10$ and they never sent it! Liars
Login to Me Too

Kubonix
Contributor
Contributor
Your friend must link their bank/debit/credit card information, then send money/make a payment in the amount of at least $5.00 to someone other than the person who referred them. So if you referred your friend, they can send you the payment. From there, good luck and enjoy the waiting game, because that $10 will only come if PayPal decides to honor the referal program they advertise all over their app. And website.
Login to Me Too

Sabrina4u
Contributor
Contributor
No they arent paying! I had to call and they finally gave me a free 10$ but not for the referal but because I was complaining! Lol
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.