Paying Paypal Credit on multiple transcation

NickyA07
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently purchased an item on paypal credit on buy now pay in 4 months, I've also purchased a tablet on an interest free ffom Samsung which takes my money via direct debut. I made a payment of £100 but I have no idea if this will go to my recent purchase or the Samsung as Paypal does not allow the option on which transaction I want to pay in.

Please help

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @NickyA07,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post! 

I understand your concern about the PayPal credit Promotional offer. To get more clarification in detail, please reach out to the number found at the bottom of this FAQ in the answer to the last question so that our advisors can look into your account and help you accordingly. Thank you @kernowlass!

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NickyA07 

See question number 6 in the “About PayPal Credit and Our Offers” section on how PayPal Credit UK allocates payments:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-virtual-credit/faq#getstarted

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

NickyA07
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

Ive read it but it is still confusing, is there a good way to simplify that?

Ive actually double checked so i have £104 remaining on an item ive purchased a long time ago with a 24 months free interest.

i also have the tablet that ive mentioned and the recent purchase.

For example, if i have a 24 months interest free on a monthly instalment finishing in 5 months, samsung tablet that will end in a long time and a 4 months 0%, the £100 that i just paid will go towards the 4months?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @NickyA07,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post! 

I understand your concern about the PayPal credit Promotional offer. To get more clarification in detail, please reach out to the number found at the bottom of this FAQ in the answer to the last question so that our advisors can look into your account and help you accordingly. Thank you @kernowlass!

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Hasan0923
New Community Member

Hi, did you find a solution, because i need to pay something off today otherwise I'll be charged interest, but there's no way to pay off a specific product.

Login to Me Too

NickyA07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, the money payed in will go to the payment that'll needed to be paid firts.

For example, my Samsung finance is a 3 yr contract and the other one was a 6 months intrrest free.

If i pay in 200£ most of it goes towards the 6 months and i believe 20% goes to the finance, not 100% sure if it was 20%, but it only took little amount from it.

Hope this helped

Login to Me Too

RDalibor
New Community Member
This is a very basic feature if you ask me, and not having an option to control payments on multiple credits is not a very good user experience. While it's ok to have an automated allocation I would prefer also to have an option to control it myself.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.