PayPal working capital decline DLGJ0656

chiwinghung
Contributor
Contributor

I've had been use PayPal for 5 years, in total took 7 PayPal working capital all paid off early and in good standing with my account, sales consistently everyday top rated and power seller on eBay, but this time decline with unknown reason, it's really desperate and disappointed during this period. 

<removed>

Login to Me Too
84 REPLIES 84

Ghostmech2002
Contributor
Contributor
Yep. Still declined after paying off $8k early. Covid-related?
Login to Me Too

mactower12
Contributor
Contributor

We were originally denied for the first time ever over 1 month ago.    We decided to try again about a week ago and were approved.   They are definitely still writing loans, but are being more cautious.   I think a part of the issue is COVID-19 and the other issue is Ebay Managed Payments.   Remember Ebay had its largest forced inclusion of managed payments in July - August.   Working Capital loans that can no longer be paid by Pay Pal transactions creates a much larger risk for default.   It really only makes sense that they would suspend lending to see which accounts are still accepting Pay Pal vs. Managed Payments.  

Login to Me Too

MSG0730
Contributor
Contributor

MacTower12, glad to hear they are giving out loans still. My last payment was 8/24. I think it took a day or two to show as "PAID". At 9pm on 8/30, I finally got an email stating that it was paid off. So, technically, if going by email, I would have another day or so for the 72 hours. However, my last 2 loans, I was able to get the day before I even got the "Paid Off" email, pretty much the same days as loan showing PAID. How long was it from actually receiving your email were you able to apply again? Were you offered a comparable amount to the time before, or was it considerably less? Also, what did your Loan Fee look like? I feel like my last one was extremely high (even with a 30% payback), compared to everything I read online. Not sure if they have all been high recently, or if PP overcharged me. I have a pretty quick repay time, and have had multiple loans, and do all my business with PayPal, so you think I would qualify for smaller fees. Haha! Sorry for all the questions, but I feel like a lot of these comments only give a smidgen of info, and inquiring minds want to know. 

P.S. I am not savvy with social media, but I would think that if everyone was being denied, there would be a lot more easy-to-find information regarding it? I cannot imagine only the few who have commented here or on Reddit are the only ones using PPWC? Thoughts, anyone?

Login to Me Too

MSG0730
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:

9/3/2020 and applied this morning. Still got DLGJ0710. Tried again at 3:40pm. Approved. Got offered more than last time, with a lower fee, even. So, yay! Good luck, everyone!

Login to Me Too

ImaPangolin
Contributor
Contributor

My decline code is the DLGJ0656 - still denied.

Login to Me Too

twiley
Contributor
Contributor
Awesome . If you don’t mind me asking , what industry are you in ?
Login to Me Too

MSG0730
Contributor
Contributor
I am in Fashion, for whomever asked. Hope that helps.
Login to Me Too

Tulucitor
Contributor
Contributor
Really glad for you . We are applying for 5 months with no luck . So frustrating that you make 95k in sales trough Paypal in 8 months and can’t get a working capital . Also essential business here (waste management) ... really messed up and sad part is that we get no human help or Knowledge .
Login to Me Too

robynnstorey
Contributor
Contributor

I've been declined every day for 3 solid months.  We do 50K in sales a week through PayPal. 

RMS4937
Login to Me Too

ImaPangolin
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Paypal - the algorythm is broken or the code implementing it is.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.