PayPal pay in 3 payment taken twice?

olderthantime20
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am confused. I have a paypal pay in three plan for an exhaust system. £200 pounds was due 25/09 as first payment, which shows in my paypal account as received but also on the same date, another £200 was declined. I have had an email and txt from paypal saying the payment was declined by my card issuer/bank. There were sufficient funds in the account , I checked that. Now my bank account shows £200 as a pending transaction. My bank told me paypal had taken two payments, one succeded and the other failed (25/09). My bank account shows £200 has gone out. I don't know what to do. Could anyone help please ? Thanks

John

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @olderthantime20,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! Thank you for making your first post.

I'm sorry to hear that there were two transactions. It's possible the first failed due to a technical glitch on the website where you made the purchase, but the authorization went through. The pending designation would then be for the authorization hold, and not for the successful transaction that came after it. However, if the authorization hold does not release after 5 days or anything else other than its release occurs, or even if you just want to double-check, you can reach out to Customer Service for further troubleshooting. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.