PayPal mobile app is not available on GooglePlay in my country

Serdar011
Contributor
Contributor

Cheers to all,

after years and years of ignoring the sole existance of over 5 million people living and working in Serbia, PayPal finally open the doors for us here and let us create an account. The creation of account pass smoothly w/o problems at all. After few registration steps I received a suggestion in an automated PayPal e-mail that I should download mobile app just to faster the things up. And then GooglePlay told me that PayPal app is not available in my country.

And I aknowledge that only after I already gave all my personal information to PayPal including Credit Card number among other personal info.

Now, I don't understand why am I allowed to create an account but I'm not allowed to use the service thru mobile app? What is actual problem?

I gave exact personal info on me as well as info on legal bank account, legal MasterCard Credit Card in legal global bank.

Thanx in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

HippyTesla
Contributor
Contributor

I know it's an old thread but I also see no one responded so far.

This is an issue with several services, for instance Xbox Game Pass mobile app, or Minecraft for Android. I'm not sure if it has something to do with Google or the developers themselves, but it makes no sense when a service (like PayPal) is supported in Serbia. What's funny is that lately, every time I log into PayPal on mobile or desktop browser, it keep pushing me to download the mobile app. At first I thought it's finally available, but nope. Still not available in this region. What's even funnier is that PayPal Business app is available here. Why?

I vaguely remember the app being available around 2013-2014, why would you pull it from the market? I get why use geofencing, but if your service is available and you're urging us to use the mobile app - make the app available for crying out loud.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.