PayPal credit failed to take direct debit, consequences?

Dgtazzman
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, my regular PayPal credit direct debit payment was due to be taken on the 8th, but wasn’t, with it still being listed as ‘scheduled’ for that day. No attempt has been made to take the payment and my bank account has more than sufficient funds. I got an email on the 12th, stating my payment was late and I was being charged £12 late fees. I immediately logged in to the app and paid off my full balance. I have sent PayPal an email on the issue and will try to reach out to their agents during business hours, but does PayPal immediately report something like this to the credit agencies, or do you have 30 days from the missed payment to act, as is the case with credit cards? Don’t care much about the £12, but don’t want my credit file wrecked over what is most likely just a technical gremlin in their system…
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Dgtazzman

Thanks for posting in the Community!

I'm sorry to hear your PayPal Credit payment didn't process on time. I recommend reaching out to PayPal Credit directly for assistance with PayPal Credit payments and reporting. You can find their contact information on our Help Center: PayPal Credit Payments.

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.