PayPal Wallet balance first then PayPal Pay in 4

the-oculus
Contributor
Contributor

I have PayPal Pay in 4 and all are paid now.

I am now thinking of purchasing an item over A$2,000 (i.e., A$2,150). My current PayPal Wallet Balance is A$200. I want to use that wallet balance first then use PayPal Pay in 4 for the rest (i.e, A$1,950).  I understand that the maximum for PayPal Pay in 4 is A$2,000.

T&C 1.2 states as follows:

"PayPal Pay in 4 allows you to pay in interest-free instalments for Eligible Purchases that you make using your PayPal account, where the Transaction Amount is between AUD 30 and 2,000. The Transaction Amount is the value of your purchase less any PayPal account balance or special funding arrangement applied. We will automatically apply any merchant or transaction specific balance linked to your PayPal account to fund an Eligible Purchase and this will reduce the amount which is available to be funded through a Pay in 4 Plan. Pay in 4 will not be available where the Transaction Amount is reduced below AUD 30 and may not be available for purchases with certain merchants."

Can someone from PayPal clarify if I can use my Wallet balance first to bring the transaction amount below A$2,000 and then use PayPal Pay in 4 for the rest?

Thank you everyone.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DDorall
Contributor
Contributor
Just wondering if you got an answer to this, or tried it and it worked? Thanks!
Login to Me Too

the-oculus
Contributor
Contributor

I can confirm that this doesn't work. I've tried purchasing via OW then on the Paypal payment screen, Pay in 4 is blocked (not available). The amount is below $2,000 (after the PayPal balance).  

When the total amount is below $2,000, it shows up and calculates the payment plan based on the full amount.  

It appears that Pay in 4 calculates the total amount without considering the PayPal balance first. 

Tried on the Apple AU website, but PayPal is not an option even though their website says Paypal is a payment option.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.