PayPal Mastercard

Nikonguy53
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all,

I recently applied for the PayPal personal Mastercard. I was initially approved through PayPal and thought all was good and I would wait on the card to arrive. However, I received a letter from TransUnion saying that they were unable to provide PayPal with any of my credit information because I have a freeze on my credit reports. So, I removed the freeze and reapplied but PayPal says that I already have a card so they cannot accept another application! I took TransUnion off the freeze for a week, but it seems that it now falls onto PayPal to maybe clear this up for me? I already saw the inquiry on my credit reports and my FICO score dropped 13 points. So now, I have no card, cannot reapply and already took the hit for my FICO. I'm zero for three at this point any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nikonguy53 

Since PayPal already approved you and didn’t say that they rescinded the approval because Transunion couldn’t provide PayPal, the card may still be forthcoming. Contact customer services to check if they sent the card or report that you got approved didn’t receive your card yet. Has your PayPal account been updated that you have a PayPal credit card account? PayPal usually let you use the credit card account virtually right away as you await the physical card’s arrival.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.