PayPal MasterCard Synchrony Bank Cashback Promotion dispute

beaelliott
Contributor
Contributor

I applied for the Paypal Cashback Mastercard - The promotion terms were to spend $500 in 90days  I spend it in 30 and paid the balance. I used the card a few times afterwards for minor expenses because my main objective (to spend 500) had already been met. When I inquired as to when to expect my "paypal voucher" for the $100 I was told this was an old account and didn't qualify...

Supposedly when I closed this account in May of 21 no one did so --- And the card I received (and spend money on) was a replacement... First, Synchrony never closed the account as I requested LAST YEAR and secondly when I applied for a new account (for the bonus), NO ONE told me this wasn't a new account.  "Yes Mam' you should get your PayPal voucher in 2 to 3 billing cycles".

I fulfilled my agreement. It's not my fault the original account wasn't closed as I had requested. Zero customer service at synchrony. 

I think the promotions from Synchrony are a scam!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @beaelliott,

Welcome to our community page and thank you for your post!

Our apologies for any inconvenience you’ve experienced. The PayPal Cashback Mastercard are serviced by Synchrony Bank team. I would recommend reaching out to Synchrony Bank support team for additional assistance. 

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.