PayPal.ME -- Only offer SEND, not REQUEST

TBGTOMCOM
Contributor
Contributor

When I provide a link for PayPal.ME it offers the person a REQUEST and SEND button... I only want them to send, not request. Is there an option to disable REQUEST?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

davecotter
Contributor
Contributor

just to be clear, there is no solution still.

Login to Me Too

dimmyv
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same question today.

After Paypal was able to delete my old PayPal me link so I can change the username I then came across the request and send fiasco.

I thought maybe clicking the send and using copying the link would work but didn't.

So I carried on digging and found a solution. This is if you would like to receive donations for you YouTube channel or along the lines of what ever you need supporting.

Log-in to Paypal > click settings (top right, next to log out) > Seller tools > Click 'manage' on PayPal buttons > then click the donate button

You can then create a link for individuals to send you a donation by Paypal or by card. Can even get a QR code to download.

- It will have your name (which you cannot edit)

- Add text as to the purpose of the donation i.e. support the channel

- Chose which currency you want to receive the donations

- Chose if you want this any amount or fixed

- And if you want subscription based donations from loyal followers

The only thing I don't like is that it shows your full name and cannot edit.

You also cannot edit the link once created, PayPal send you can email with the link and just need to keep the email if you want to share in future.

You can create a new link and just use a new link or change the currency etc.

There is a customisable option where you can upload your own image if you wish.

If only PayPal allowed you to just edit this or even the PayPal me link it be much simpler.

Hopefully this helps. If you find this useful you can donate a cup of coffee or pint 😂🍻 but cant post a link due to community guidelines

YouTube @dimmyv

Login to Me Too

GwynethLlewelyn
Contributor
Contributor

@dimmyv, thank you so much for your solution! Like many others, I've been plagued with the horrible issue of the incomprehensible 'request' button. It's even weirder because it only appears when one is logged in to PayPal. If not, you just get the Send button. However, that is little reason to rejoice, because as soon as the user clicks on that button, they will be prompted to log in first... and that will, in turn, show the Request button again...

Indeed, after some thoughts, and after having googled for an answer (no success so far), I just have to assume that PayPal hasn't changed their approach yet (at least not before mid-August 2022), and, as such, your solution here is clearly the 'best' one!

I’m just a virtual girl in a virtual world...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.