PayPal.ME -- Only offer SEND, not REQUEST

TBGTOMCOM
Contributor
Contributor

When I provide a link for PayPal.ME it offers the person a REQUEST and SEND button... I only want them to send, not request. Is there an option to disable REQUEST?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

SallyWhitehead
Contributor
Contributor

YES! Exact same issue for me. Only noticed it yesterday so not sure how long it's been happening. It's still doing it this morning.

My link previously took people to the nice clear £0.00 SEND pop up for them to easily fill in but now it's VERY confusing and will undoubtedly put people off. Not happy! 

Login to Me Too

filfil75
New Community Member

Me too, I find quite stupid for a seller to allow a money request from customer.

Login to Me Too

Louloupurple

Me too, very unprofessional as now I have had some spammer requesting I send them money. Not happy. 

Login to Me Too

davecotter
Contributor
Contributor

does PayPal tech support even look at these message boards?

Why the hell would I offer customers to request money from me? Three times in the last month i've gotten accidental requests. Grrrrr. Does paypal bother to do user testing on their user experience?

Login to Me Too

davecotter
Contributor
Contributor

direct from PayPal tech support: "At this time, the feature you're referring is not offered. I regret that I am unable to speculate on future availability"

Login to Me Too

JoleneGrace
New Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same problem, I run a non profit so just got a request for funds from a donor! 

You reached out to tech support and that was their answer? Not that there was a way to remove it?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

davecotter
Contributor
Contributor

yes, i reached out to tech support about this very issue, explained how stupid this was, and that was their answer. there is no way around it.

Login to Me Too

Dsaint3

I agree as well. It is not helpful to have both options available. It is too confusing to the customer or anyone really who gets the link. Makes more sense to have this do what the user wants - either request money or send it, but not both. The only helpful update that I have seen as a better option is the QR code that is now available that only lets people send you money. Still would be nice to get the paypal.me link to have more control over how money is received or sent. Please PayPal make this change. 

Login to Me Too

Mohamedhassan4
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem and no solution till now
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.