PayPal Here card reader declining all cards again.

MyComputerWorks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I hope someone can help, I use PayPal Here and a paypal card reader to take payments for my business,from a couple of months ago it again started to decline every card, now these cards are valid and I have tried with my own cards that they did have the funds for sure, just like my poor customers - It's quite embarrasing.

I have tried 2 card readers, I have also done a factory reset and app is upto date but it instantly declines all card pin transactions.

It doesn't say why, it just declines and cancels the transaction.

If anyone could shed some light on this and help, I'd be eternally gratefull,

Cheers,

Darius.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

KF2020
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same issue started about a week ago, if contactless it works or enter there card details manually it works. Just can’t take card payments when they enter there pin
Login to Me Too

MyComputerWorks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, unfortunatley everything is above the threshold for contactless and the % taken via phone is way too much and inconvinient...   😞

Login to Me Too

Lperdue421
Contributor
Contributor

My card reader is declining all cards I have tried it with three customers and three of my own cards nothing is working can someone please help me losing revenue! 

Login to Me Too

Kfar
Contributor
Contributor
Was your issue resolved? My card reader is declining all cards as well
Login to Me Too

MyComputerWorks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, yes, but it took some 6 months further for them to release an update which cleared it. Whenever they update it, they break it. And they know it.

Check for updates !

Login to Me Too

Kfar
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.