PayPal Here and card readers, do they still work?

UnoShopper2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

We purchased 2x PayPal Here Card readers, but haven't used then for a few years.  I tried to use them today and the app keeps telling me to use Zettle.  Even though I tell it to still use PayPal Here, it goes into an endless loop of asking for my finger print and then my 2FA code.  I have Googled it, but can't find any information on this.

So, can I still use my 2x PayPal card readers?  Or are PayPal forcing everybody to use the Zettle app and buy new card readers from Zettle?

Thank you for anybody who replies.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

UnoShopper2
Contributor
Contributor

Nobody know?  Surely somebody from PayPal must know.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @UnoShopper2. Thanks for taking the time to add your question here on the PayPal Community Forum and for following  up. Since this is designed to be a user-to-user forum, there's no guarantee that any post will receive a reply from another user or a PayPal Representative. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding on that.

Based on what you mentioned about not using your card readers for a few years, the PayPal Here app would have been deactivated, and it has been superseded by PayPal Zettle. At this time, applying for and using PayPal Zettle would be the only option. I'm sorry as well for any inconvenience that may cause.

Please check out https://www.paypal.com/us/business/pos for more information. I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.