PayPal Here and Card reader

WIF-PDX
Contributor
Contributor

It's been a long time since I've had to use PayPal Here + Bluetooth chip reader (on Android mobile device) to run cards at events. This pandemic put a stop to all of our in person events where we charge a door fee. The app on my phone says it can't log in at the moment, contact us if this persists. My password is correct. The community archives are of no help. Is this thing not supported anymore?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @WIF-PDX

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues logging into PayPal Here. While PayPal has launched a new POS service called Zettle, you should still be able to use PayPal Here for the time being. Have you tried resetting your password? There should be a "Forgot Password" link when you go to login with your password. If you're still running into issues, you may want to think about switching over to Zettle service. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

WIF-PDX
Contributor
Contributor

It finally worked after doing nothing other than returning to it hours later to try again. I do hope it's not as intermittent at the time of my event. Given our use case I've no real interest in pursuing another account/another reader. Thanks for the reply.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@WIF-PDX, that's great to hear! Good luck with your future transactions and thanks for reaching out. 

Cheers, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.