PayPal Credit payment date changed without notification.

scissorfight
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal Credit payment date was moved up 2 days. It's been the 9th of each month for years and without notice it was changed to the 7th. 

When I contacted via the Live Chat and requested a human, that human informed me that the date change was, "I have reviewed the satement information posted/sent and I see that the payment due date was changed due to recent changes in terms, wherein the grace period changed from 25 to 23 days."

Another support person (I got disconnected from the first when my phone rang), says they sent notice on 4/20/21, but I see no email from them and didn't get postal mail about it either.  They said it was in an email. I don't delete emails, so I'm confident it never was delivered.

They also levied a LATE FEE for the "late payment". 

I'm concerned this may be happening to potentially MILLIONS of people/accounts.

Anyone else see this activity?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

DW59777
Contributor
Contributor
Yes! They did this to me on both my accounts when my dates been the same for years. Never had a late payment and they charged me. I never ever got notification on either account and I’m SO mad. This is sneaky at best.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Log in to the PayPal Here app and tap Menu. Tap Sales Activity. Tap Sales History and find the transaction you would like to refund. Tap it. Tap Refund. Enter the refund amount, and tap Refund. Note: The payment will be refunded to the customers card if they paid by card. If you refund a “check in” payment, the money will be refunded to the customers PayPal account. You can offer a cash refund to your customer who paid by check or cash. Please ensure that the check has cleared in your bank account before providing a refund to the customer. If a buyer pays in cash, the option to refund the "cash payment" will not show. If you have a balance with PayPal or you have money waiting that you haven’t accepted yet, the refund is paid from it. If you don’t have a balance or money waiting to be accepted, the entire refund will be issued from the primary bank account linked to your PayPal account.​ (iPad) Here’s how to issue a refund for a PayPal Here payment: Log in to the PayPal Here app and tap Preferences (button in the upper left corner). Tap Sales History. Find the transaction you would like to refund and tap it. Scroll down and tap Refund. Enter the refund amount, and tap Refund. The option to send a receipt will be presented. Note: The payment will be refunded to the customers card if they paid by card. If a buyer pays in cash or with a check, the option to refund the "cash payment" will not show. If you have a balance with PayPal or you have money waiting that you haven’t accepted yet, the refund is paid from it. If you don’t have a balance or money waiting to be accepted, the entire refund will be issued from the primary bank account linked to your PayPal account.​ ***For all refunds (full and partial): the default refund period is 180 days from transaction date. If you refund a payment for goods or services, there are no fees to issue the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller are not returned to you. The amount of the refunded payment will be deducted from your PayPal account. Did this help? YesNo. Soot cute 2048 1000USD 500USD
Login to Me Too

olivias011
Contributor
Contributor

This happen to me too just recently. I am not happy what so ever. Got my due date moved two days earlier.  I've never had this happen in all the years I have had paypal. I've never not paid a payment before but this makes me never want to give you any of my money every again. The late fee needs to be waived.  Contact me back any time of the day. I need this resolved before next payment due date or will that be changed to two days earlier like you did to me this month?!

Login to Me Too

rlangeljr
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, they pulled this crap on everyone I know that uses Paypal credit.  I logged in to make my usual payment on the 20th, found it was now due on the 18th and they charged a $29 dollar late fee.  I immediately closed my account, paid the balance in full and am taking steps for a regulatory agency to take a look at this massive predatory lending practice.  https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Login to Me Too

rlangeljr
Contributor
Contributor

Just an update.  Paypal Credit aka Synchrony Bank rejected my payoff attempt while crediting a lower amount processed through the same method/account on the same day.  My bank indicated NOTHING attempted to hit the account in the amount of $1500.00 from Paypal Credit.  Later that day, the Paypal Credit system accepted the payment.  I called customer service and they issued a check for 62.02 in overpayment.  The very next day Paypal Credit manually adjusted and reversed the closeout payment of $1500.00.  I filed yet another complaint with a Federal Agency.  Just for fun I called Paypal Credit and had their phone agent submit yet another payoff request for the very same account.  We'll see how it goes.  My advice to anyone considering the use of PayPal, PayPal Credit, or Synchrony bank, especially they're being the service provider for big-name retail companies is always BAD NEWS.  Run from the potential DO NOT WALK.  It's like visiting a Wild West Banana Republic of Deceptive practice finance and it will not only hurt your wallet but nearly drive you insane in the process.

Login to Me Too

Confinity
Contributor
Contributor
If dealing with covid and political upheaval wasn't enough, now we have to police predatory financial institutions. I'm writing to The Senate Commerce Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Data Security to tell them how PayPal stuck a gun to my back and tried to rob me of $69. in late fees when my FICO score is 835 and I have never missed a payment anywhere at anytime for any reason!
Login to Me Too

FedUpWithFRAUD
Contributor
Contributor

I think there should be an audit to discover the answer to the questions "How man people affected" and "how much did Synchrony Bank gain in the process".

The result in my case caused my minimum payment due to go from $81.00 a month to $143.00 a month... regardless of the fact that I have NEVER had a late payment and ALWAYS paid a lot more than the minimum due... and most importantly to me THEY REPORT MY CREDIT AS DELINQUENT affecting my credit score

Search for "Consumer Protection Agencies" in your state and file a complaint with each of them describing the details regarding Synchrony Bank's actions and the effect it has on you financially.

Most states handle these complaints through their   Office of the Attorney General ... Department of Commerce ...

Login to Me Too

alfaromeo155
New Community Member

PayPal credit is turning themselves into scammers with this move. I've been with them for 20yrs and haven't missed a payment and now I got charged $29 fee and they would not remove it.  But the funny thing is they would allow me to change the due date back to what it was if you put a request , so the question is why was it necessary to change it in the first place other than to catch people off guard and impose a fee. SCAMMERS!

Login to Me Too

Confinity
Contributor
Contributor
This could be millions and millions of dollars that a class action attorney would love to file against PayPal. Maybe I'll whisper in the ear of a few.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.