PayPal Credit on going issue

nickalani
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone, I'm going to be reposting what I said in a previous message to see if I can get help with this issue.  

"So, for the past few weeks I haven't been able to access my PayPal credit account either on the app or on the computer. When I login in like normal, I see it on the front page along with everything else I have. But when I go to either view/make a payment, I get a message saying, "We apologize our system is having technical difficulty retrieving your information. Please try again later." A good week to week and a half later, I'm still having the same issue.

When I called customer support (which aren't the biggest help in the world), I got transferred to 4 different people who either didn't understand what I was saying or got confused when I explained, in detail, what my issue is. One guy said it was my browser so when I did what he suggested (download google crome) I still got the same error message. He even said the mobile app, you can't always view everything  Which was a lie because I'm sure most of you know, you can view your statements, make a payment, etc. on the all. Like I said before, I can physically see balance, see when my payment is due, and see how much credit I have available. But when I click the link to either view or make a payment, I get the error message. The only way I can make a payment is by doing it on the phone, which takes a long time since the automated is one of the worst I've ever had to deal with.  

Everything, up until last week, was working fine. If anyone else is having this issue please let me know what I can do. Thank you in advance."

Now, with that being said, one person told me that I should, "try going through the process of linking the two accounts to see if that re-connects them or to have your PayPal Credit account unlinked from your PayPal account and then link them again." Now that could work, but since I can't get into my account, I can't do that. He also told me that I can, "navigate to PayPal Credit's website, scroll down to Visit Our FAQs and then scroll down to the section on Linking PayPal Credit and PayPal. If going through the linking process doesn't work, please call PayPal Credit's Customer Service to have the accounts unlinked  and then try linking them again.I tired doing that with no luck and I tried calling PayPal, but they acted like I wanted them to solve a chemical equation and were no help to me. Like I keep saying, when I login to my PayPal either on the web or on the app, I can physically see my balance, payments, etc. but I can't do anything else. Everything has to be done on the phone, which is also a pain. Please help me out.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate threads not allowed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nickalani
Contributor
Contributor

Cool, but that still doesn't help me any lol literally no one knows what to do. Do you have any ideas?

Login to Me Too

Cynthiatata
Contributor
Contributor
This is happening to me too!! It is so annoying!!
Login to Me Too

harly444
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue, and I am using a home computer with Mozilla Firefox.

Login to Me Too

Cynthiatata
Contributor
Contributor
Surprisingly, mine fixed itself...thank god.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @nickalani and @harly444,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with accessing your PayPal Credit accounts. Please try clearing the browser cookies and cache, and restart the browser. If the problem persists, please reach out for real-time assistance at the number found at the bottom of this FAQ

I hope this can be resolved with a browser refresh!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Cmboyd21
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the same issue for nearly 2 weeks now and have been bounced back and forth between PayPal customer service (AWFUL) and Synchrony Bank, both blaming the other as to why I can't access my PayPal credit. When I try to link accounts I keep receiving an error message that says, "There is a problem with some of your information. Please make sure it matches what you used for PayPal Credit." I've already confirmed with Synchrony bank that the information I am inputting is indeed correct and does match what I initially used for PayPal Credit. Upon trying to do it a second time I then get the error message, "Your PayPal account needs your attention Call customer service at xxx-xxx-xxxx to fix the problem. Then come back to link your PayPal Credit line." One PayPal representative even told me that I had two separate PayPal accounts under the same email and that the only difference was that one of them had the email in all caps and the other was in lowercase but, that on their end they could see my PayPal credit was linked to the one in all caps.  So, the rep said they were going to close the account that was in all lowercase letters and sure enough I then wasn't able to login because as common sense tells you that it is impossible to have two separate accounts under the same email with only capitalization of letters being the difference so my one and only account was closed and had to be reopened. Another answer given to me was, "Why don't you call back in 48 hours and maybe it will work then." I've spent over 40 hours on the phone trying to get this issue resolved with no such luck. How are you going to offer a line of credit and report to the credit bureaus but, don't let the consumer have access to said credit????

Login to Me Too

Tracydsm
Contributor
Contributor
That **bleep** doesn't work!
Login to Me Too

Flippinthompson
Contributor
Contributor

over a year later I am still having this problem. The app works fine. The website does not.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.