PayPal Credit - additional payments/deposit

WesleyKerching
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all - first time post. Hope you're all well. I've looked for the answer for this, but cannot find it. Apologies if this is a duplicate post.

I would like to purchase a TV using PayPal credit. However, I would like to pay an initial value and then have lower payments for the term of the credit agreement. I've been told that isn't possible. Can anyone confirm please?

If that is in fact that case, am I able to make additional payments as part of the credit agreement and therefore reduce the balance (and does that reduce the term and the payments stay the same or reduce the monthly payment and the term stays the same?).

For example, let's say the TV is £1000. Which of the following is possible:

- Pay £500 upfront and put in place a credit agreement for the remaining £500

- Take credit agreement for the full £1000 and then make a £500 payment on day 1

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @WesleyKerching. Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum, and thanks for taking the time to add your questions here! To see the best information on how PayPal Credit works, please check out the FAQ section of their website at https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-virtual-credit. If needed, you can reach PayPal Credit's Customer Service by using their Contact information, also on the website in the FAQ section at the bottom of that page.

In general, there is no down payment or upfront payment when using PayPal credit. The entire purchase amount is financed and PayPal Credit determines the best repayment schedule. It may be possible to make additional payments, but that may vary depending on the type of purchase and if any promotional terms apply.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.