PayPal Credit Not working for anything

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor

I setup my PayPal account, I started the PayPal credit, got approved, but it doesn't let me use it for anything... I tried to buy something online, doesn't work, tried to use it on Ebay, doesn't work, tried paying an invoice to someone for them drywalling and painting my basement, doesn't work, tried to just send them money from it because it said that was an option, doesn't work... How come I was approved for this but it doesn't work for anything? How can I get this work properly? Any insight would be appreciated...Thank you!

Login to Me Too
139 REPLIES 139

MuzaffarTeja
New Community Member
Totally irrelevant answer. It clearly said in question that PayPal credit has been approved. Credit rating and risk factors are not considered after credit has been approved.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220923E
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly! Suchrony bank .the issuer, says nothing is wrong with my account The payoal wallet person I talked to was not helpful at all. When I said, "so I guess I just cant use the rest of my credit line?" Her answer was, "for now." What kind of garbage is that??? Lol. That's fine... I just got a new credit card (a REAL ONE) so I'll pay this mistake off and close the account. I'm reporting paypal for shady business practices and will tell everyone I talk to to never use paypal credit. They will never fix their system until their bottom line is affected.
Login to Me Too

WhatAJoke777
Roses are red, PayPal is blue, They'll offer you credit, then you get **bleep**! Reps are useless, they have no say, "Use another method or try another day!" "It's for your protection, we care about you!" That's **bleep** Omar, you think I'm a fool? "Give it 48 hours, our system will reset!" It's been 48 days son, I'm starting to sweat "Clear your history, and also your cache!" Didn't work either, same as the last "Transactions reviewed on individual basis" Except every transactions denied lets face it! "Try a new browser, or maybe the app!" Been there done that - what a buncha crap
Login to Me Too

temp20220614p
Contributor
Contributor
Very good poem! But what is the first cuss word that rhymes with blue? :s I loved this though it made me giggle
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Since your PayPal account and PayPal Credit account is new, PayPal Credit will not be available until you have built up a good history on PayPal account using your own money.  Once that happens PayPal Credit as payment method may start to be available but only when it is offered at checkout.  Even then, an alternate funding source may be used instead if PayPal Credit decides not to approve a purchase after you submit payment under PayPal Credit.  PayPal Credit reserves the right to restrict use of the line of credit depending on the circumstances of each purchase.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor

So basically there is no reason to have it? If I can't use it whenever I want, what is the point of it? I'm not asking you that directly, I am just stating that there is no use for it then... If i have to jump through hoops to use it... seems very pointless to have and/or offer to customers if you aren't going to let them use it.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Eh, yes and no.  If you hadn't applied, I'd say no.  Since you did, might as well leave it on as there is no fee to keep it on unused and you might be allowed to use it in the near future. But it's up to you if you want to remove it of course.

When you apply, it is like seeing if you are generally eligible or creditworthy for PayPal Credit product.  For use, the system then reviews your account history and other factors to make a determination whether to present itself to you as payment method during each checkout session.  The stars have to align so to speak.

This always seems to occur to people who have reported they've applied for it.  They say they can't use it.  It is better to be offered credit, than to seek it out.

I do not have PayPal Credit.  I have plenty of credit on cards already so I don't need to be applying but I get offered PayPal Credit all the time when I checkout.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't apply for it, I didn't go looking for it, I opened a paypal account and they offered it to me.... that's whys I feel it ito is very frustrating to have been offered this and not let me use it... had I sought it out then I could understand that but I did not go looking for it.... they offered it to me and I accepted it.
Login to Me Too

Annoyed1234
Contributor
Contributor
Hm, PayPal offered their credit to me, just dangling this useless carrot in front of me is slightly odd and rather cruel, especially at Christmastime.
Login to Me Too

psb1973

I am so glad I'm not the only person incredibly frustrated by this ridiculous

system they have put in place. When I e-mailed Paypal I got this lame 

response about security protocol and some bull, so basically this was

their way of saying we don't trust you and even though the money

is sitting there, you're too low down the food chain to use it.

I have never been interested in a credit card. I have sometimes got credit

through a distributer, however I am tempted to get a PROPER credit card

as a poke in the eye to these clowns. Shambles concept. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.