PayPal Credit - HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request

Medusa_Kahlo
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to make a payment to my PayPal credit and keep getting this error:  HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request

Is anyone else having this issue?  How am I supposed to pay?  Will I be able to dispute any late penalties since I can't access the make a payment page?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

indianafanatic
Contributor
Contributor
This has been happening for at least a year and PayPal does not seem interested in hearing about it or fixing it.
Login to Me Too

cherrycakes
Contributor
Contributor
How are we supposed to pay the bill if we can't access the PayPal credit site 😂
Login to Me Too

Olsonbassist
Contributor
Contributor

It's happened to me several days in a row now - of course I can call in a payment, but way less convenient, and I'm afraid there may be other problems!

OK - tried switching to Safari browser (I'm normally using Chrome) and "make a payment" worked as advertised. Try another browser!

Login to Me Too

cherrycakes
Contributor
Contributor
I had to download the PayPal App 🙄
Login to Me Too

Larry_Pieniazek
Contributor
Contributor

What is the call in number? I've tried several browsers without a lot of luck. For a while Firefox worked when Chrome didn't but now both do not. 

Login to Me Too

rapsuk
Contributor
Contributor

The 400 (Bad Request) status code indicates that the server cannot or will not process the request because the received syntax is invalid, nonsensical, or exceeds some limitation on what the server is willing to process. It means that the request itself has somehow incorrect or corrupted and the server couldn't understand it. The server is refusing to service the request because the entity of the request is in a format not supported by the requested resource for the requested method . Therefore, it prevents the website from being properly displayed. The main thing to understand is that the 400 Bad Request error is a client-side error.

The cause of a 400 error can be a wrongly written URL or a URL that contains unrecognizable characters. Another cause of the error might be an invalid or expired cookie. Also, if you try to upload a file that's too large. If the server is programmed with a file size limit, then you might encounter a 400 error.

Login to Me Too

Larry_Pieniazek
Contributor
Contributor

This error is thrown when one clicks on any of the three PayPal Credit links on the main PayPal screen. So if it's a badly formed URL, that is PayPal's fault and they need to fix it. I doubt that is what it is, as it works in some browsers but not others.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.