PayPal Credit Changed My Payment Due Date?

jack_mord
Contributor
Contributor

For years my BillMeLater / PayPal Credit bill has been due on the 21st of each month.. usually I pay on the 20th... so today I logged in to pay early and notice that at some point in the last month they changed my payment due date to the 19th.. which means I missed my payment, and assume, unless there is some correction, that I will be charged interest. Has this happened to anybody else? 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Temp20210802b
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me today August 2.  My due date has always been on the 4th of every month but is now due on the 2nd. I made my payment in time but I had no idea they changed the due date. It's a good thing I went on PayPal today to look at a transaction or else I would have made my payment on my usual due date and would've been charged with a late fee. I did get an email last week from PayPal that alerts me to an upcoming payment but I didn't look at it as I get them every month. I did say due on August 2. I think they should have sent us an email specifically saying that your due date has been changed. Sounds to me like they were trying to pull a fast one one people to get an extra 40 dollars.

Login to Me Too

jack_mord
Contributor
Contributor

It wouldn't surprise me one bit! I get those email reminders too, but like you I never read them because I already had my own reminders set up... the change of due date should have definitely been more obvious. Anyway, I did complain.. they gave me a not very good reason for changing the due date, but at least they cancelled my late fee. 

Login to Me Too

kelseyjohealy
New Community Member

This happened to me, too! My due date has always been the 5th - they changed it to the 3rd with no notification. I don't ever read emails because I have reminders on my phone. Waiting to hear back from them. Can't believe they changed it on so many people without notifying us! Absolutely ridiculous - have had PayPal for YEARS. 

Login to Me Too

Gordbzz231
Contributor
Contributor

I called the bank i asked to change my due date back to the 3rd of the month, they said your late and cant help you, with just pay up !

Login to Me Too

Pentasoul
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me! I've had a PayPal account since they were BillMeLater, my due date has ALWAYS been the 17th. I go to pay it today on the 16th, and all of the sudden it's past due!!! When I called, I was on hold, and before I get to talk to someone about it, I was hung up on! I just checked their PayPal Policy Update page and nothing is mentioned about it...grrrrrr
Login to Me Too

champ9090
Contributor
Contributor

They did this to me too! My payment has always been the 15th but today see a late fee of $29! They changed my date to the 13th without any notice yet they "claim" they sent me a letter. WTF? Paypal sends a letter? There is no notification anywhere in my "My Paypal" and I never received an email. They sure can text you about all sorts of things so why didn't they send a text - "Hey, we changed your due date". The answer is the will receive MILLIONS in late fees by doing this! People need to complain to the FTC about this. The rep I talked to is a snarky **bleep** who has had me on hold for 30 minutes. THIS is the Paypal I remember from 15 years ago and they suck!

Login to Me Too

texasbikechick
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me on Oct 3rd! I have it on my calendar to always pay a day early and I logged in today to pay and it said my payment was due today! Of course it was midnight so now it will be late. I have never had a credit card do this previously without my request. and that's why I give myself an earlier due date. I suppose I will have to do a customer service call or online chat and lose an hour of my life to fix this. It may have been a synchronicity change as it seems like something they would do. Either way it makes me want to use Paypal less.

Login to Me Too

Beebs13
New Community Member
Here to also say I did not receive a notice and my 9th due date changed to the 7th and I got hit with a lovely late fee. I’ve paid on time since my account opened. WTH PayPal 😒
Login to Me Too

liddypool
New Community Member

I’m another who fell prey to a late fee due to PayPal’s inexplicable due date change. Then I got two more before the end of the year because my calendar reminders were wrong. I’ll take the blame for those two (grudgingly) but I would like to know why they did this. Now I have to remember to check every single month because I don’t trust the greedy grabbers to stick to the new date. I can’t wait to pay this off and be done with them. In the meantime…

The Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009 states:

DUE DATES FOR CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS.—
‘‘(1) IN GENERAL.—The payment due date for a credit card
account under an open end consumer credit plan shall be the same day each month.

Federal Trade Commission CARD act information  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.